Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,232   Posts: 1,532,893   Online: 978

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    2F/2F >> My meter is the one of my EOS 50, I can't say it never goes wrong but most of the time It does its job (inluding with Ekta).
    What I'm sure is that it's a lot more constant than what I get when using Sunny f/16 with my MF or View Camera ! ;-)
    Only a small part (5 or 6) of the shots are really unusable due to underexpose, on the other hand, none of them seem globaly
    over exposed.
    Interesting. I have been trying out CMS20 in my EOS 50 now in the winter, and I find that if I trust the evaluative metering in the camera, it consistently underexposes the film. (Most likely the snow is fooling it) If I meter the ambient light, or use the large spot meter of the EOS 50 and meter the shadows, it turns out all right. I expose at EI 25, and have used a variety of developers, all giving acceptable results, at least for scanning:

1. Fomadon Excel (an Xtol clone) at 1+10 with 1 g/l of sodium metaborate added, 12 minutes. This is the contrastiest of the bunch.

2. The low-contrast metol-bicarbonate developer from "The Film Developing Cookbook" also at 12 minutes. More contrast than I got from Tech Pan + Rodinal, but less than Fomadon.

3. A Stoeckler type two-bath developer with 5 grams metol and 25 grams of sulfite in the first bath. Anchell & Troop says two-bath developers does not work well with document films, but Agfa recommended it, I seem to remember, and it seems to give slightly better shadow detail than the first two developers. The A bath of this developer will develop film by itself, so time in the first bath does influence the results. I used 3-4 minutes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just a quick followup. I have now also tried a very dilute Beutler developer with CMS20. 0.2g metol, 1g sulfite, and 1 g sodium carbonate. I developed for half an hour with agitation every three minutes or so. Contrast is a bit low, which indicates that I could have used a less dilute developer, but the shadows are OK. The attached image was exposed at 25 ISO at 1/125 and f5.6.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails apug.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all,

I have forgoten to do a followup here ...

In fact I finally tried to use the film at 10 iso and then I have
    used nearly the same procedure for develloping (Rodinal 1+50,
    21°C, 11 min).

The results are shurly improvable but it is a lot better than my
    last tests.

I attache to this message one of my scans and a 100% crop (3200 dpi)

Bye,

Sylvain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,

I have used adox CMS 20 with rodinal 1+100 -> same (not very good) results as you. With Adotech developer - excellent results.

If you like slow films - try efke 25 and kodak TP in rodinal - I got very good results in rodinal 1+100 with efke 25 and TP (dev times from massive dev chart).

regards,

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by olehjalmar View Post
    Just a quick followup. I have now also tried a very dilute Beutler developer with CMS20. 0.2g metol, 1g sulfite, and 1 g sodium carbonate. I developed for half an hour with agitation every three minutes or so. Contrast is a bit low, which indicates that I could have used a less dilute developer, but the shadows are OK. The attached image was exposed at 25 ISO at 1/125 and f5.6.
    for 1 L Stock ?

Best regards, rhineroo

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello olehjalmar, could you please tell me the composition of bath B of the Stoeckler 2-bath developer?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Use the Zone System or at least expose as if using the Zone system. So if you want texture in your shadows, meter them and place them on Zone III. Make the exposure. Develop using a compensating developer, my preference with CMS 20 is OBSIDIAN AQUA but I'm sure 510-PYRO would also work, with a stand or (my preference) a semi-stand regime like this: http://freepdfhosting.com/a1e73b320a.pdf

RR

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by jochen View Post
    Hello olehjalmar, could you please tell me the composition of bath B of the Stoeckler 2-bath developer?
    http://www.barrythornton.com/
    follow the two bath link in the site for formula, my brouser does not do pages...
    Last edited by Xmas; 01-17-2014 at 09:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin