Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,310   Online: 900

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just wondering what folks comments and experiences (both technical and subjective) are dealing with PCat HD in J&C 200, J&C 400, and EFKE 100 in 8x10. I just ordered the chemicals for PCat HD and wanted to get an idea of how is performs in these films. I currently use J&C 200 in ABC for 5x7 and 4x5 with really nice results. Although Sandy's article and streaking in 4x5 have coaxed me to try PCat HD. Thanks for any info you can offer.

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Excellent choice for Efke PL 100 8x10 and J&C 200 (these are the only films I use). Keep your contrast range not more than N-2 (around SBR 9/10) and Pyrocat HD will deliver fabulous negatives either for silver or alternative process. For certain scenes with even greater range it works too! Highly recommended!
    Francesco

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use Pyrocat-HD for EFKE PL100, MACO IR 820c, Ilford FP4+ and AGFA APX 100. I only need ohter developers when the contrast is extreme (like the solar eclipse picture), when I'll mix up a batch of Maxim Muir's Compensating Pyrocatechin.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin