Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,764   Online: 856
      
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 273
  1. #171
    fotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE WI- USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Sheppard View Post
    QG:

    You REALLY should be more concerned with the LOSERS at BP for destroying the worlds oceans and not so much with the water used by rinsing film or prints.

    We in the USA pay a MAJOR amount for Water and Sewer processing and the amount of stuff that goes in the sewer is NOTHING compared to what goes down the drain just in household cleaners and washing cloths etc, So we PAY for this use and what we are depositing is a drop in the bucket.

    And if you are REALLY freaked out, go buy some carbon offset credits (http://www.carboncatalog.org/) to off set your hazardous waste activity !!

    Now you will be SUPER GREEN !!!

    Thanks

    Scott
    Will that work with my Septic?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

  2. #172

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    norway - on the coast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    758
    You're quite right, Scott.

    Running water will for most praktical purposes use more than 10 times the CLEAN water one uses by changing water X times in the tank. Since about 7 changes plus a little time is all that is really nevessary (se previous post with a simple calculus), its easy to see that changing water merely uses a gallon or a little more than that, while running water quickly uses 10 gallons or considerably more.

    Since we're rinsing out chemicals, everyone must understand that the pollution argument is non-valid, both methods aims to put the same chemicals in the water. One method dumps them quickly, the other slowly, but that is inconcequental, this amount of now unclean water very quickly dissipates and mixes with enormous amount of unclean seewage.

    In large parts of the world clean water is more valuable than oil...... so use it sparingly!

    Erik

  3. #173

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    norway - on the coast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Will that work with my Septic?
    Probably, depending on what shit you put in there in the first place!!

  4. #174

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Sheppard View Post
    QG:

    You REALLY should be more concerned with the LOSERS at BP for destroying the worlds oceans and not so much with the water used by rinsing film or prints.

    We in the USA pay a MAJOR amount for Water and Sewer processing and the amount of stuff that goes in the sewer is NOTHING compared to what goes down the drain just in household cleaners and washing cloths etc, So we PAY for this use and what we are depositing is a drop in the bucket.

    And if you are REALLY freaked out, go buy some carbon offset credits (http://www.carboncatalog.org/) to off set your hazardous waste activity !!

    Now you will be SUPER GREEN !!!

    Thanks

    Scott
    You remind me of Margaret Thatcher, who when asked about the radiation escaping the nuclear nonsense in the U.K. said that the radiation level was low, below the background radiation level.
    As if only the biggest amount counts and things don't all add up.

    Sure, the Gulf spill is terrible.
    But how is that a reason not to worry about all the other ways we polute the waters?

    And are you saying that as soon as you PAY for something, it goes away?
    As in: if BP PAYS everyone who wants to be payed a huge amount of money, then the Gulf isn't polluted anymore (or it still is, but it's not a big deal anymore)?

  5. #175
    Scott_Sheppard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    273
    QG...

    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    You remind me of Margaret Thatcher, who when asked about the radiation escaping the nuclear nonsense in the U.K. said that the radiation level was low, below the background radiation level. As if only the biggest amount counts and things don't all add up.
    Well at least she had a set of "BALLS" and did a much better job then the current WEAK A-HOLES !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Sure, the Gulf spill is terrible. But how is that a reason not to worry about all the other ways we polute the waters?
    There is NOTHING to worry about, Processing FILM & Photographic PAPER is 100% LEGAL in the USA... The waste water treatment plants in the USA are designed to handle this and much much more. Do you really think that KODAK and others would still be selling items that would not be able to be used in the USA.... NO !! It is not like I am pouring this crap out on the lawn in the back yard. Everything we pour down the drain goes to wast treatment plants.

    What about Lawn Fertilizers ? Soap ? Every other chemicals sold in the stores ??

    What we are doing is within the legal rights as a US Citizen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    And are you saying that as soon as you PAY for something, it goes away? As in: if BP PAYS everyone who wants to be payed a huge amount of money, then the Gulf isn't polluted anymore (or it still is, but it's not a big deal anymore)?
    As to "BP" they are not even paying for what they have done. The board of Directors and the CEO of BP should be terminated (euthanized) for their mass disregard for the heath of the worlds oceans and the creatures that live in or around them. "FU*K BP and your buddy's from ROYAL DUTCH SHELL as well"

    As to "YOU"... You should REALLY go DIGITAL and then you can sleep good at night knowing that you are not polluting the world water supply...

    BUT WAIT... I bet the WASTE and the by-product from producing digital sensors and the required hardware to "GO DIGITAL" is much worse that WASHING FILM & PAPER.

    So QG... You just need to relax and stop attacking people on APUG over this issue. There is nothing you can do about this topic. GET OVER IT !!

    GO BUY SOME CARBON OFFSET CREDITS !!!

    Thanks

    Scott (Proud to be a "AMERICAN FILM & PAPER WASHER")
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

  6. #176

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,686
    You watch Fox a lot, don't you?

  7. #177
    Scott_Sheppard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    273
    QG...

    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    You watch Fox a lot, don't you?
    NO...

    We are VERY LEFT on the WEST COAST... We LOVE the EARTH !!

    Thanks

    Scott
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

  8. #178
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,972
    Images
    65
    Actually, I might point out that the pollution to make and reclaim a digital sensor is far greater than that to make a run of film and process it simply due to the nature of the chemicals used. These include Arsenic, Selenium, Lead and Mercury to name a few.

    And, the biggest pollution world wide is Agriculture and Aquaculture. These spread pesticides and disease from the cultivation and growth of plants and animals. And, they consume the most fresh water and put out the most polluted runoff in all countries. This is just an FYI.

    PE

  9. #179
    JBrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    6,780
    This thread is about the best way to wash film, use the least water, etc. Specifically about how. Nice things. Please stick to the subject and take political rantings to the soapbox. Further OT comments will be deleted without ceremony. That is all.

  10. #180
    Scott_Sheppard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    This thread is about the best way to wash film, use the least water, etc. Specifically about how. Nice things. Please stick to the subject and take political rantings to the soapbox. Further OT comments will be deleted without ceremony. That is all.
    Commander Brunner:

    We are just replying to his BS... That cat got out of hand and was attacking Ron.

    I really don't care how people wash there stuff. I just don't like people with some GOD like attitude.

    Ron Mowery has done so much for this forum and analog photography in general. I will not stand back and let people disrespect him.

    Everything is cool here... Just no more BS !!

    Thanks

    Scott
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin