Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,662   Online: 1097

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I was developing a test strip in my Diafine like dev.
    Poured solution A in the tank, shaked, agitation, let time pass, etc,

Then I opened a bottle and poured the solution back in it.

When it overflown I noticed that it was the fixer bottle...

Jorge O

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    For some reason I cannot mix fixer 3:1. I have no problem with developer - just fixer. Wierd.
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

The dumb things I've done in the darkroom would overflow this forum.

And the cusses I've cussed would not be suitable for the genteel company of sailors and whorehouses.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Shooter
    Large Format
    O c`mon tocayo, fess up...you mean to tell me this is the first time you do this? If I told you all the moronic things I have done, you would all marvel that I am still doing photography.....and alive...

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello, chara (tocayio in Portuguese).

Not the first time, nor the worst one, of course. Have you opened a 35 mm camera in daylight before rewinding? I did...
    But what really made me cuss was that it was just the second time I've used a newly mixed batch of Diafinish, as Lex says. The fixer was already quite used, so not a big loss.

Jorge O

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    --> me, the darkroom dunce

I haven't tossed film in the fixer first.... yet. But the other things I've done... eeeeeeee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Jenkins
    The dumb things I've done in the darkroom would overflow this forum.
    And the cusses I've cussed would not be suitable for the genteel company of sailors and whorehouses.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've done LOTS dumber things than you!!

Try mixing up a liter of RA-4 processing chemicals - and realizing I was developing *FILM* - C-41 - just in time to avoid pouring it into the tank. That was the latest - yesterday - in a l-o-n-g line of mistakes.

Then there was the time in a "fine art" (hmm... Freudian slip... I typed "fun art", before I corrected it) session, where I went through a whole set of absolutely *brilliant* and beautiful poses - with an empty magazine in the 'Blad.
    I tried to save things by saying (after my obvious stunned reaction), "Uh, wait - I'm going to take one more roll..." The model looked at me and said, "Nice try, slick - an empty magazine." So much for acting "cool".

Cursing ... A freind of mine's father owned and operated a Beauty Salon. You should hear the language those women use. Enough to embarass a troop of drunken Combat Engineers....
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Oliveira
    Hello, chara (tocayio in Portuguese).

Not the first time, nor the worst one, of course. Have you opened a 35 mm camera in daylight before rewinding? I did...
    But what really made me cuss was that it was just the second time I've used a newly mixed batch of Diafinish, as Lex says. The fixer was already quite used, so not a big loss.

Jorge O
    I havent opened a 35 mm camera in years, but I have removed the darkslide in a holder in daylight to see if it had film inside....right before I was going to put it in the camera..lol....

I still cant understand why I did such a stupid thing....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, how about this.

Using ABC Pyro, negs are way thin, I keep developing and developing, still thin.

OK, next time I increase my exposure by a couple of stops.

Back into the darkroom, same problem.

$80 meter check later, the meter is fine.

I am thinking, how do Michael and Paula do it?

Go into darkroom with latest batch of film and then it dawns on me, 1 1 1 7 is a bit different to 1 1 1 70. And I am not blond.......
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i kind of like to put fixer in with my film before i put the film in developer. now THAT is always kind of fun

-john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin