Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,563   Online: 1120

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I guess I have to drive all the way to New York to get some Rodinal :rolleyes:------their website says they can't ship it, it has to be purchased in the store.

Where are people getting their Rodinal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try APUG sponsor Freestyle

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_sea...inal&rfnc=301&

Ground shipping only.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

TMX-2 400 and Rodinal ??

[QUOTE=There you go. All TMX in Rodinal. All shot with 120 film. The Square ones were done with a Mamiya C330F and 80mm f2.8. The others were done with a Mamiya 645 Super with 80mm f1.9 lens.[/QUOTE]

__________________________________________________ ______________

I really like this look. I have been using TMX-2 400 and am now wondering how it would do in Rodinal. I do a lot of available light, handheld shooting. Anyone have experience with this combination?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell View Post
    TMX is very flexible. It earned a bad rap for being hard to control, mainly from folks who expected Tri X. Great stuff.
    I couldn't agree more. I'd still be using it if it weren't for the uv blocker.

I'll post a couple examples when I get home from work tonight. Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris-

Wonderful seeing! I grew up across The River in Kentucky and many might say the same about it. There is great material in the Midwest for those not in a hurry and with heightened powers of seeing.

Fine work, technically & aesthetically. Keep it up.

Russ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter View Post
    I guess I have to drive all the way to New York to get some Rodinal :rolleyes:------their website says they can't ship it, it has to be purchased in the store.

Freestlye.

I actually don't think anyone in NYC sells it...or not that I'm aware of (but that doesn't mean much fwiw). I usually order 6 bottles at a time from Freestlyle so I can do it and not think about it again for a year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter View Post

Yup, Freestyle, or Photo Formulary; in a slightly different version than the Agfa.

Adorama used to have it, but it hasn't been on their website since Agfa Chem was bought out. It might be worth a check, tho'. They will ship anything.

Shooter
    35mm
    Or try at almost no cost Parodinal. Home brew Rodinal using Tylenol and lye. I did a thread on it here recently about making it. I've not tried it yet, but it sure has that Rodinal brown!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Verizzo View Post
    Or try at almost no cost Parodinal. Home brew Rodinal using Tylenol and lye. I did a thread on it here recently about making it. I've not tried it yet, but it sure has that Rodinal brown!

Where are you to get the lye? IIRC, Formulary and maybe Artcraft have it, but Red Devil was taken off the shelves of grocery and hardware stores becuase it's, again IIRC, a componant of meth.
    Last edited by jim appleyard; 11-08-2008 at 04:54 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: addition

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Powdered Drano is Sodium Hydroxide, might work for making Rodinal assuming it hasnt got any other ingredients. It used to be pure Sodium Hydroxide (lye) but it may not be anymore. I'm talking about the powdred version, not liquid Drano. I personally would just buy the chems I need from a company like Photographer's Formulary since you know exactly what you're getting that way.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin