Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,360   Online: 739

Thread: Durst C35

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Durst C35

I currently have a Meopta axormat, while it does work, I can never get a whole frame into focus no matter how much i fidle with it so something must be out of alignment, also the winder doesn't work, so I have to actually have to physically pull the head up while turning the crank. Is a Durst C35 a step up as I can get one cheap?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not really it was the cheap budget Durst.

You would be better looking for a S/H M601, M670 etc, they are capable of MF as well, failing that an M301 they all sell at quite low prices now.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I also seen a Durst F30 advertised on eBay locally, that any better?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not really. They aren't the same build quality asthe M series.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a Durst F-30 (or maybe its a F-35?). It is the cutest little thing you've ever seen. My only complaint is against the friction focusing. I paid way too much for this one - but it was basically new in box. No regrets.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Whats friction focusing?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk View Post
    Whats friction focusing?

Friction focussing...is....well, it is NOT geared. I'm not sure how else to explain it. The focus knob is attached to a shaft and the shaft has a wheel on it that is made of some kind of hard plastic - like an eraser. This "gabs" the focussing rail - this is instead of a gear engaging the focussing rail...does that make sense? The problem is that the friction material on mine is a bit worn right at the sweet spot so fine focussing is a little frustrating sometimes. I guess I just need to get inthere and tighten it up a bit?

Looked at it again last night. The one I have is the F-30. It is tiny, sturdy and quite capable for making up to 8x10 from 35mm. Maybe, you could press it to make an 11x14 - I've not tried.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've posted this advice before but it's worth repeating.
    Place an add in your local news paper looking for an enlarger.An older photographer suggested it to me and I got 18 hits on my add in the first 2 days.I live in a small city (pop. 75,000) so you can imagine just how much "unused gear" there is kicking around.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin