Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,560   Online: 1217

Thread: why purple!

Shooter
    35mm

why purple!

If this is in the wrong place I expect a mod will kick my backside!, but I don't know what has happened to a film i processed. It was a ilford delta 100 pro, I developed it in ilfosol s according to the stated times and its got a medium tint of purple all over, can anyone tell me what it may be or I did wrong if possible from this description please ?.

Thanks peeps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    18 Nov 2008

Momo:

The purple tint you see is what is left of the anti-halation layer that is placed on the film. If the negatives look good then you have developed them properly. The anti-halation layer is usually removed when the film is fixed or bathed in hypo clearing agent. The good news is that unless it is really dark purple the tint does not seem to effect print contrast or add fog to the print. To lessen the purple tint you might consider re-fixing with fresh fix.

Hope this works for you.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks drp, well I think i will give re fixing a go and hope its ok. ok, whos taking bets or odds ?, I never get things right............. I can prove that absolutely - i got married......

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When I get around to writing a "how-to" book on black and white processing, the title of one chapter is going to be: "Why Is Your Film Purple?".

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Also using fresh, properly mixed hypo clearing agent helps a lot with that, I've found.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin