Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,924   Online: 987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Instant film clarification Fuji / Polaroid

Forgive me if this has been beat to death, but I can't seem to find all the info in one place.
    Polaroid's website says there is no more instant film from them.
    Fuji's website tells me they only have packs in 2 1/4 x 3 1/4.
    I read here that 4x5 is available over seas from Fuji...?

So my Polaroid 545 backs are now fancy paper weights? Is there no film that will fit them?

What model Polaroid back will accept the fp-100b (and it's brethren)?

Will the FP-3000B work in my Polaroid 360? It used 3000 speed Polaroid films.

I have a pack back for the smaller films but I can't remember the model. I loaned it to my father and it's not here in the house.

I have been away from (analog) photography due to having kids and moving. I have no darkroom until I build another one. I thought I'd try some instant film out again since I have no darkroom but that's getting tough too, I see.
    Last edited by Surly; 11-18-2008 at 09:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Edited for grammar and content
    To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, — that is genius.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    there are plenty of threads on this lately if you search: fp-100c45 on this site, you'll find more
    in short fuji makes pack film only that comes in 4x5 and 2 1/4x3 1/4 10 sheet packs. color only in 4x5 in the usa, b+w and color in usa for the 2 1/4 size in fuji's holders or older p roid holders but nothing for your 545.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    Forgive me if this has been beat to death, but I can't seem to find all the info in one place.
    Polaroid's website says there is no more instant film from them.
    Fuji's website tells me they only have packs in 2 1/4 x 3 1/4.
    I read here that 4x5 is available over seas from Fuji...?

So my Polaroid 545 backs are now fancy paper weights? Is there no film that will fit them?

What model Polaroid back will accept the fp-100b (and it's brethren)?

Will the FP-3000B work in my Polaroid 360? It used 3000 speed Polaroid films.

I have a pack back for the smaller films but I can't remember the model. I loaned it to my father and it's not here in the house.

I have been away from (analog) photography due to having kids and moving. I have no darkroom until I build another one. I thought I'd try some instant film out again since I have no darkroom but that's getting tough too, I see.
    A quick check on Freestyle, B&H, and Adorama show that FP-100C45 (100 speed 4"x5" instant film) is in fact available in North America. For some reason, Fuji does make and distribute other films in 4x5, but only in Japan. You can get them from Japan Exposures (formerly Megaperls) (anything ending in "45" is 4x5 - one of the few companies with fairly obvious naming conventions )

As for your other questions - yes, the 360 will take the "regular"-sized pack film such as FP-3000B.

Otherwise, I'm afraid I don't know much about the backs...
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Polaroid 360 and the Fuji 3.25x4.25 pack films work well, but I had to bend the springs on the inside of the Polaroid back because there was too much pressure on the first 2 or 3 exposures of the Fuji pack (they could not be pulled out without tearing). After that, both Fuji and Polaroid pack films work fine.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thank you.
    I'll dig out the pack back at my father's and see what fits it. I hope it will fit on my Super Graphic.
    I also am happy to see the 360 is not dead. My company literally threw away a pile of them and I grabbed it out of the dumpster. It's no Technikardan but what a fun camera just to mess around with. Okay, I'm rambling...Thanks.
    To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, — that is genius.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow...they threw away 360s!? How very sad! I got mine from a former NASA employee who used that camera for his work. It is a pretty awesome camera! I use my RB67 with 7.2cm square Polaroid back, but there is something about getting a full frame image from the 360. Keep yours safe and have fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have asked similar question regarding my Polaroid 545i and my Kodak ReadyLoad backs. It's too complicated finding the thread on my iPhone, but basically i was told you can also use Fuji QuickLoads (not instant film) with the 545 apparently. So there is some utility for it beyond instant film.

After the QuickLoads are discontinued, it will make nice paper weight.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 11-19-2008 at 04:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 545 back is not that useless if you are willing to use Fuji Quickloads...Velvia/Acros etc. Not sure they will be discontinued any time soon. Not instant film, but not quite a paper weight yet. K

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji FP100C (and FP100B) fit the Polaroid 405 backs.
    Fuji FP100C45 etc fit the Polaroid 500 back.
    Fuji QuickLoads fit the Polaroid 545 (545i) backs.

All three holders work with Graphlock backs on view cameras. The 545/545i can work with a spring back if it will open at least 3/4".

And depending on the exact shape of the back and groundglass retention method, those backs without Graphlock clips may be able to use the 405 and 500 backs with liberal and creative use of large rubber bands.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rwyoung View Post
    Fuji FP100C45 etc fit the Polaroid 500 back.
    The 'Pack film' Polaroid back to take FP100C45 is the 550 not the 500 (that was the forerunner to the 545)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin