Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,305   Online: 853

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Silverprint sells Rodinal - http://www.silverprint.co.uk/Product...asp?PrGrp=5011

Martin

Shooter
    35mm

Thanks again.

Bowzart, Mabman and Martin,

Thanks all for the added info - I am now getting very keen to start developing in fact I can hardly 'restrain' myself - sorry for thr pun.

Rodinal was my favourite dev to push TriX to 1600. I thought it might do a reasonable job in lifting contrast.

Now I have a choice of four plus the benzotriazole addative.

As far as I remember there is one frame I have been lamenting the loss of, lets hope it is not on one of the test rolls.

This is one on TriX at 1600 in the 1970's. (are images allowed?)

Osscat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by osscat View Post
    Bowzart, Mabman and Martin,

Thanks all for the added info - I am now getting very keen to start developing in fact I can hardly 'restrain' myself - sorry for thr pun.

Rodinal was my favourite dev to push TriX to 1600. I thought it might do a reasonable job in lifting contrast.

Now I have a choice of four plus the benzotriazole addative.

As far as I remember there is one frame I have been lamenting the loss of, lets hope it is not on one of the test rolls.

This is one on TriX at 1600 in the 1970's. (are images allowed?)

Osscat
    Lovely stuff that Tri-X @ 1600 in Rodinal isn't it? Not the best for portraits of women, but men seem to like the look of their faces on photographs from negs shot & processed in this way.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaska View Post
    Another recommendation for HC-110 with about 10% more time. I have done some found film this way and was successful with a 25 year old roll but unsuccessful with some film from the 30's. The one from the 30's probably had no hope anyway, but the one from the 80's was printable.
    I developed a 30+ year roll of FP4 this summer, using HC-110B and 50% more time, and got printable negs.

As far as your 10 year old film, I would suggest HC-110B and around 25% more time. The base fog will be higher, but I'll bet you get good printable images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found a roll of Plus X from 1981 in my old Flexaret TLR this summer -- quite shocking, as it was I who somehow left it there. I developed it in HC110 1+63 for about 10% more time than I usually would and got recognizable images. The background density was higher, and something looked a bit funky about the grain, but they would be printable. The results definitely don't look as good as an earlier roll of the same film taken and processed in 1981, but they're salvageable. Of course faster films may suffer more, I've no experience with that. The shots were taken with flash, documenting a project in a basement workshop, and aren't exactly optimum to begin with. The whole experience was a bit mind-boggling, actually -- 27 year old latent exposures.

DaveT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin