Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,324   Online: 1021

Shooter
    Multi Format

Exposure or process adjustment?

Hi,

I calibrated my first two films (APX 100 and HP5+ both in Rodinal 1+50) in September and October. Then I took pictures when motive contrast outside was still normal to high. The enlargements I got from the negatives were pretty good.
    Now our weather is very dull and the motive contrast very low. Must I change the developing process now or can I adjust the exposure to cope with the contrast situation. What can I to do if I don' want to change the developing process?

luxikon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You probably don't need to worry too much, paper contrast should be sufficient to cope. It's really only the extremes of contrast that need you to alter the development and film speed.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by luxikon View Post
    Hi,

I calibrated my first two films (APX 100 and HP5+ both in Rodinal 1+50) in September and October. Then I took pictures when motive contrast outside was still normal to high. The enlargements I got from the negatives were pretty good.
    Now our weather is very dull and the motive contrast very low. Must I change the developing process now or can I adjust the exposure to cope with the contrast situation. What can I to do if I don' want to change the developing process?

luxikon
    You should adjust exposure (i.e., less exposure from normal), then adjust developing time to compensate (i.e., increase the time from normal)---one really doesn't go without the other when you are trying to increase or decrease the negative contrast recorded on the negative.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin