Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,686   Posts: 1,548,612   Online: 1320

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Arista Edu Ultra 120 no-lick strip stuck to Rollei

Not too long ago, Arista Edu Ultra 120 film gave up the must-be-licked roll sealing paper strip for a modern self adhesive strip. For me, the problem is that the new strips get caught at the bottom of the pressure plate in my tlr Rollei, such that the adhesive strip is stripped off of the paper backing, and left clinging to the bottom of my pressure plate, gumming it up, and stressing my gears.

I love this film except for the new tape. I am wondering if this is working well for you and your camera, or if you are experiencing a similar problem? Also, perhaps there is a workaround?

I contacted Freestyle, but they said they had yet to hear of the problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have had that happen to me (once) with a Bronica SQ-A back. I unloaded the back in the dark, so no disasters, and didn't realize that the adhesive strip had come off till I was finished... but still. It kind of worried me though.

I quite like the Arista.edu/Foma film as well. I hope it doesn't become a chronic thing...

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I have the same problem. I keep on cleaning out the yashica after almost every roll. So, I will send freestyle a note also. Otherwise the film is great.
    Anne

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just shot my very first test roll of that film a couple days ago and it happened in my Hasselblad. The paper stuck in a crevice in the A12 back and I had a hell of a time getting it out. The negs look gorgeous, can't wait to see how they print. Hope they fix this.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Large Format
    It's good that they have self-adhesive strips now. I recall their strips tasting pretty nasty.

Ilfords were nice, minty weren't they? Or was that Fuji? Tri-X tasted like cardboard.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agfa had mint strips... Yummy film! I think Ilford used to have them too.

Perhaps Freestyle could learn something from Fuji. I've used their film through Rolleiflex, Mamiya, and Hasselblad cameras without any tape sticking anywhere.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree on Fuji, I shoot lots of Acros....20 rolls in the last month...with no troubles (and I love the spools that catch the film leader!)
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    I agree on Fuji, I shoot lots of Acros....20 rolls in the last month...with no troubles (and I love the spools that catch the film leader!)
    Yep, Ive managed to save about a dozen Fuji spools that I always use as take-up spools in the 'blad.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    Yes, I love that - both the strip and the spools. Very well made!

Antje

Shooter
    35mm
    I find that the paper strips sometimes catch and tear behind the pressure plate of my Yashica tlr. Not a major problem now, but I imagine a self-adhesive strip could cause a sticky mess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin