Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,372   Online: 1082

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    what do I need to wash the negative from a type 55 polaroid to stabilized?) it for permanence? I have heard that Edwall's hypo clearing solution will do it, is this the case? what do others use and anyone have tips on dealing with the negative out in the field? Thanks for all your advice and help. jeff

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    All you really need is water - preferrably hot. Any kind of sulfite solution is a lot faster - 10% sodium Sulfite seems to be optimal. If you haven't got it, water works (but slowly). HCA works too, especially ifg you mix it double strength. I have no idea what Edwal's Hypo Clearing Solutoin really is, but I have no doubt that will work, too.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    we have been using the recommendation made by Polaroid. clear in sodium sulfite 18 % solution , wash then a wetting agent.
    If the sodium is not fresh the film does not clear well.
    It is my understanding that this chemistry acts as a harding agent as well.
    These negatives are delicate.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    sorry forgot the second part of the question. You can take along a clearing bucket that is made for that purpose, or a tray of water, or do not develop until returning at which point you just insert the film back into the holder, move the lever to P and process as nomral.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    sorry forgot the second part of the question. You can take along a clearing bucket that is made for that purpose, or a tray of water, or do not develop until returning at which point you just insert the film back into the holder, move the lever to P and process as nomral.
    Was that a question? I read it as a statement...

If your sulfite (not "sodium", please! is getting really, really old - as in "inherited from my great grandfather", it will work slower. But it will still work.
    As far as type55 is concerned, I'll say "don't worry". And I will worry about any other film.
    Norway

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    sorry if i was so "careless with words". But i took the request for tips as a question!. Really sometimes i wonder why i get involved.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry ann, my fault.
    I didn't read far enough up the page (something must have happened to my browser, or my eyes, or my brain. A short-circuit somewhere...
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for all the responses. jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin