Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,191   Online: 709

Shooter
    4x5 Format

tmax rs 1:4 vs 1:7 dilution

I am about to try a combination of new TMY and RS for the first time.

Kodak shows a dilution of 1:4 as standard and 1:7 as an option.

Anybody have preferences or recommendations?

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dilutions 1:4 and 1:7 are for TMAX developer concentrate.
    TMAX RS is a different developer that comes in two parts and makes a working strength solution when prepared per the directions.
    Despite the similarity in names, they are NOT the same developers.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Either is OK.

I use 1:9 for a range of N-2 to N.

I use 1:4 for a range of N to N+2.

A dilution of 1:7 is obviously in between. 1:4 and 1:9 are convenient because you divide the total volume by either 10 or 5to find the amount of stock solution.

For the TMAX RS, dump the little bottle into the big bottle the first time you use it and then just measure out the stock solution from the bottle to make your working solution.

If you look on John Sexton's website, you will find a good article about TMAX that is frequently referenced here.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8300: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.185 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

With TMY-2, I like to use TMAX DEV at 1+7 or 1+9 as I find it gives me a better look. My preferred combo is 1+7 for 10 minutes using an EI of 320.

This is with 120 film but I love the results I get. I definitely get better results from 1+7 and 1+9 than I do from 1+4.
    Kodachrome
    They give us those nice bright colors
    They give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah.
    -Paul Simon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin