Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,572   Online: 1029

Thread: HIE Please?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

HIE Please?

I hate being repetitive, but does anybody have a roll or two of Kodak HIE they would be willing to part with and sell to me? i live in So Cal and can pay for the film provided the price is within reason.

Thanks,
    D
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    I hate to say it, but I don't think you'll find anyone, especially with a "reasonable" price. It was something special and it has become a rarity. You would be better served with something similar and above all available. Rollei IR400, Efke 820 and Ilford SFX are possible choices, but not exactly the same thing. You can see a comparison of the 4 aforementioned films here. Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon Ymous View Post
    I hate to say it, but I don't think you'll find anyone, especially with a "reasonable" price. It was something special and it has become a rarity. You would be better served with something similar and above all available. Rollei IR400, Efke 820 and Ilford SFX are possible choices, but not exactly the same thing. You can see a comparison of the 4 aforementioned films here. Good luck!
    I completely agree with you that finding ANYONE with HIE for sale is highly unlikely, and this is admittedly a last ditch attempt to get some. I am trying out the films you mentioned, but I am looking for HIE because, like you said, those films are not the same thing. Maybe its the anti-halo layer that those films have, but HIE produced a much more interesting effect than even the Efke IR, which is closest to HIE.
    MACO made a film a few years back called AURA that did not have an AH layer, and I would settle (dismayed sigh) for that, but I can't seem to find that either
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Make me an offer- you can pm me if you want.

Tim
    If only we could pull out our brains and use only our eyes. P. Picasso

http://www.timbowlesphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unfortunately, any HIE out there is likely to be substandard because it is not a film that stores well. Environmental damage (primarily from cosmic rays) is pretty much unavoidable with this film. Freezing it doesn't help much.

I hope you do find some good stock though.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    This belongs in the classifieds.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 11-30-2008 at 08:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin