Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,268   Posts: 1,680,869   Online: 884

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the post Simon! As for APUG here are the monthly new registration stats. I consider 450-500 to be a solid month so we are looking great

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    02 Dec 2008

Thank you Simon, and all your colleagues at HARMAN Technology for your commitment to B&W photography. Recent discussions with the local High School photography teacher indicates that there is a lot of interest in traditional (darkroom) methods among her students.

I also wish Fintan, Mark, and Stickdude the best in their effort to teach and encourage analog photographic methods.

Happy holidays to all.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello,
    this forum looks like an Ilford Forum. For me, there are still other brands on the market. My distributor in Paris (on of the last real shop in town) informed us already about the price increase of 12% for Ilford papers in march 2009. Than he told me to have quality problems with the liquid Ilford Chemistry since Tetenal in Germany is producing it.
    He told us that since Ilford changed the distribution with just the Europeen stocks in Belgium, he has big problems to get the products he likes to order. For this reason, he added tetenal chemistry et Tetenal papers in his catalog.
    Here in France, Ilford is loosing more and more users because of many reasons. Our photo club worked many years with the FP4/HP5 and ID-11. It is finished since few months?
    And this is not the fault of our user demands!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear MamiParis,

I am somewhat surprised that your reseller has advised you of a 12.00% increase in March 2009, as no such rise has been notified by HARMAN technology, or indeed will be ... : The last rise in price to our European markets was on May1st 2008 and it was 4.5% ( less on some of our faster moving items ) We have NO quality problems with our chemical products WHATSOEVER, in fact quality has risen to unprecedented levels, in addition our deliverability of products ex factory last week was 99.76 % of all lines delivered to all distributors in full, our distributor in France / Belgium / Germany has an outstanding delivery system ( we check it ) so basically everything you say in your post is incorrect, and if you know anything about me or my company we value all suppliers of monochrome, including all our competitors...

If you do not like ILFORD thats absolutely fine, I have no problem with that, but please get your facts correct, I think you will also find APUG to be non commercial, yes we are a sponsor, and we are proud of that. We do not ADVERTISE we communicate....

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    With my little experience with Ilford and living in france, I have never had any problem with quality products from Mobberley, or in the chemicals.

No problem of distribution.

I think, to go with Simon, that if you have incorrect information, you should not tell it.
    And if somebody tells you he has problem with products , ask him why! very often, quality problems come from a bad use of films or chemicals.

I am the administrator of a photo association in Limoges, and I am proud to say that HArman sponsored us. We are very happy of that. And we had not any problem with the films

Thanks again, Simon
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many thanks to Harman for their efforts. Keeping Ilford, Kentmere, and Paterson products in the market is a good thing for all of us.

Perhaps we should remember that the supply of photographic supplies have been erratic for almost 20 years.
    In many ways, things are better now than they have been for a long time. We photographers are at the end of a long chain that only begins with the manufacturer, and depending on our national and local marketplace, we may or may not ever see all of the products intended by Harman, and others, for our use.

Finally, what we hear from our local shops does not HAVE to agree with reality. It is a good thing to have a chance to speak directly to Simon. I only wish we could cut through the layers of international trade to be able to deal directly with Harman.

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    I just bought three more boxes of your glossy RC paper, Simon. I have been using it for 12 years and still love it (in addition to your glossy fiber paper)!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I live in Indonesia, the only photo chemicals here is Ilford, that's long2 way shipping, but for many years i have not found quality problems, i'm happy that Simon actively answer every questions regarding Ilford products, thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hmm. Thanks for the commitment from Ilford, but what really troubles me is the lack of new (as in brandnew) entry affortable level (slr) camera's. This will, in the end affect sales or supplies of film and paper.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Leest View Post
    hmm. Thanks for the commitment from Ilford, but what really troubles me is the lack of new (as in brandnew) entry affortable level (slr) camera's. This will, in the end affect sales or supplies of film and paper.
    Why buy new when there's so many good second-hand cameras out there? The lack of new SLRs just means there's a saturation point in the market because everyone is getting rid of their film SLRs so we snap them up at a good price. So, why make something new if everyone is buying at a low price?
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin