Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,730   Posts: 1,670,294   Online: 975

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Berger papers

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DanielOB, Sorry, i should have been more clear on this statement. It was the toning i was refering to not the permanence.
    6 minutes in 1+10 selenium toner have not shown any change in print color. All other papers i have worked with over the years have changed tone much faster than that.

jan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlapp View Post
    Are you sure about this? I thought it was Efke
    See that Press release from Bergger, http://www.bergger.com/us/release.html

For those who speak French there is a little bit more information : http://www.bergger.com/fr/release.html

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I am working with my first 25 sheet pack of Bergger WT. I like the white base vs Ilford's WT buff base. Bergger records the lighter tones (zone 6/7) slightly better than Oriental WT while retaining the shadow detail.

My base paper was Forte Polycontrast Plus. In my short experience, Bergger WT does not split tone like Forte, tone as deep, or as brown. I show a color change after 3 min in 1:10 KRST when using TF-4 fix. Bergger is a fine WT paper, one of the few with a white base. I do wish it split-toned similar to Forte.

Ilford MGIV WT tones well in selenium. Ilford MGIV does not. To appreciate Ilford MGIV WT you should tone. 1:10 for 3 to 4 min is enough if you used an alkaline fix.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 12-04-2008 at 04:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add toning comment
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has anyone tried the new VCB Style yet?

Shooter
    35mm
    God how fast all is going on this Apug. I got a hard time to find my post.
    Thanks to all for your time.
    Warm tone papers are not receptive to tone change by Selenium, and it is OK just because that papers already are brownish (inherently). What is to expect from Selenium on warm tone papers are extending (significiently) a photograph permanency, and increase of D-max. If Selenium can do that permanency (D-max more or less important) with ILford WarmTone papers it is all that is in need.
    ------------
    And back to original question. I am particularly interested in quality of
    Bergger Prestige VC (Variable Contrast) paper.
    I would like that someone make some more comments on that paper and say what is new designation for that paper. On B&H site I do not see this (Prestige) paper any more.

Thanks
    Daniel OB
    www.Leica-R.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielOB View Post
    Warm tone papers are not receptive to tone change by Selenium, and it is OK just because that papers already are brownish (inherently). What is to expect from Selenium on warm tone papers are extending (significiently) a photograph permanency, and increase of D-max. If Selenium can do that permanency (D-max more or less important) with ILford WarmTone papers it is all that is in need.
    Thanks Daniel OB
    www.Leica-R.com
    Quite the reverse Warm-tone papers are far more receptive ti Selenium Toning, and they'll also split tone in Selenium.

It's Bromide papers that react as you describe.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin