Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,456   Online: 1154

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    ID11 - in 5L packs it is quite economical

Its the best all round developer (or D76 - its Kodak cousin)

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for all the replies.I shall give ID-II a try.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    ID-11 use it 1-1.
    Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    35mm
    DDX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ID-11 in 5 litre pack. Use dilution 1 + 1. Perceptol is nice, but speed loss may be critical with HP5+, DDX seems to me in contradiction with the word afford in OP.

Mike,
    In my opinion HP5+ in ID11 1+3 is about as good as things get in 35mm when I want maximum sharpness and minimal grain and enough speed to do without a tripod. When I want grain I use Rodinal but unfortunately Ilford don't make that...
    Alan Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ID-11, that's the ticket. Not too expensive (D-76 is less pricey and the same thing here in the US), delivers full film speed, can be used as a fine grain developer straight up. Dilute it 1+1 and use it one shot for absolute consistency. Use it 1+3 with extended development for more sharply defined grain. 5L will keep at least 6 months in full bottles, so split your stock solution into small bottles and work them off one at a time.

Perceptol, like its American cousin Microdol-X is very soft working and when used as a find grain developer will cost you about 2/3 to 1 full stop of speed. That was ok when fast films, and indeed even medium speed films, had grain the size of golf balls. That's not the case any more, and IMO, these types of developers are more or less obsolete.

Microphen is good if you want a speed enhancing developer at the expense of more pronounced grain.

If the convenience is paramount, then Ilfotec HC is the one. It's a highly concentrated syrup with a long shelf life. Typically used diluted 1+31. Can be diluted further to extend development times.
    Frank Schifano

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin