Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,531   Posts: 1,645,778   Online: 1061

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DDX Storage

Shooter
    35mm
    Just another relatively plus point about winebags. You can practically empty them completely by keeping the tap open and carefully tipping the box. Being a Scotsman I regularly do this with wine and end up with maybe 10ccs left in the bag. The same applies to dev so really no waste at all. In fact if you run out and still haven't got the amount of dev you need and its time to re-fill then you'll have to take the bag out anyway and prise the tap off when you can then empty the bag before refilling by squeezing the reamains into the neck of the tap. I'd estimate that you might have to waste about 2ccs when you rinse out the old developer. You might even simply re-fill provided it's the same dev of course. 2ccs of old DDX in 1L of new isn't going to make one iota of difference to the potency of the new stuff when you add it to what you got ready for the developing tank from the "old" DDX.

Pity we don't have 5L winebags here as in OZ then 5L containers of fixer, print developer and 5L of powder ID11 could go straight in one box.

Time we got more serious about wine drinking is what I say.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray Kelly View Post
    Another vote for wine cask bladders. They come in 2,4,and 5L sizes here (Australia) so it's no problem to mix an entire powder bag and leave it in the photo fridge. I always label it in BIG letters, however. Just in case. A skull and cross bones label is enough to warn off anyone else who might go ratting thru the fridge looking for a beer or wine. Lasts for ages - cold and airless.

Murray, Brisbane
    What you might want to do, print up a few of these and glue them to the box:

Many photo chemicals are corrosive, in fact C41 chemistries must be shipped as dangerous goods, class 8 ( this is the placard for it ). The carrier must have the proper paperwork.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hey! Thanks for the label. I was given some really scary ones by a retiring telco linesman but they are running out. They are bright yellow/black.

Thanks again.
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For what its worth, I keep my DDX in an accordion type plastic bottle and the present dev is still working well after over 12 months. I am now doing most of my film devoping with Rodinal and I am now using DDX only occasionally with Fuji Acros when I feel I might have a good image that could merit a large enlargement. Last time I used it it was still fine after 13 months in the bottle.
    Graham
    William Ralph Dean - Inspiration to four generations of my family

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For what its worth, I keep my DDX in an accordion type plastic bottle and the present dev is still working well after over 12 months. I am now doing most of my film devoping with Rodinal and I am now using DDX only occasionally with Fuji Acros when I feel I might have a good image that could merit a large enlargement. Last time I used it it was still fine after 13 months in the bottle.
    Graham
    William Ralph Dean - Inspiration to four generations of my family

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin