Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,579   Online: 916

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It really does not matter to me, tend to lean towards the typical 8x10, 11x14, 16x20 - but I have seen other formats that just WoW! me. Each image seems to have it's favorite format - One which the image is at it's best - does anyone else ever see that?
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I shoot to try and use the whole neg.
    I crop to get the best out of the neg. I don't crop to the paper size.
    Most of my work is done on 10x8 inch.
    Just started using 12x16 and it's amazing, though you need a reasonable neg. Oh and I only shoot 35mm. Would love to shoot medium format but I don't know that it will ever happen.
    Possibly going to try some 11x14 soon, picked up a brand new 11x14 lpl easel for £20 quid the other week. 11x14 could be a handy size for those negs that I want to print big but need a big crop.
    Had never heard of 11x14 till I started looking net forums.
    Nor do I know anybody in Scotland that stocks it, though silverprint in London have it I belive.
    Meanwhile my weekend print session was ruined late last night by a kidney stone attack. Had to throw the fiber prints out of the bath so I could get into it to try and kill the pain. Today was completely lost as I'm totally shattered and I'm now as far behind with my current project as ever!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I enlarge 4x5 in sizes from 5X7 to 16X20. (8X10 and 11X14 are most common). 8X10 and 12X20 I contact print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    I've been blown away recently by some contact prints of 6x9 negs. They were just amazing and the presentation made for very intimate viewing. But then again, I have a 20x24 by Paul Gray (of Whatthehelliszat fame) that looks wonderful, so I will have to say that it just depends on the individual image. I personally print to aroud 5x7.
    I have been concentrating on 9 x 12 images on 12 x 16 paper, and using 10x8 paper for work prints. This works great from my 4x5 work.

Jeremy
    I think you'll find that is Rob Gray of Ozzie fame. He has done some superb work.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're right . . . I was surfing his site today and while doing so I had the niggling thought that I had put his name down as "Paul" somewhere. I think I may have been getting him confused with Paul Butzi when I wrote that post.

The prints are by Rob Gray and I'm having them framed for my birthday
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin