Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,569   Online: 907

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Superia 400 in id-11

Somebody has a recipe for color film in id-11?

I suspect since all color films are developed in c-41, they also share the same recipe for developing in b/w.

Times? temperatures? fix? stop? wash?

thanks.

piero

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've done C-41 film in B&W developer - I have no idea the time, I did develop by inspection. Stop, fix and wash pretty much the same as for B&W films. You get a B&W image with an orange mask. The results are printable, but less than stellar.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What result do you hope to obtain?

If what you want is a "normal" looking black and white picture from something you have shot on color neg film, you are better off just developing your film in C-41 chemistry and making the print black and white via a number of methods, the "best" of which is probably scanning. If you want to print your color negs on b/w paper for sure, ask the lab to push your film at least one stop to make printing easier.

If you want a special effect, just have at it and experiment. Then let us know what you did, and what you got.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 12-16-2008 at 08:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    ...The results are printable, but less than stellar.
    Bob
    You're being charitable. I've done it too. I suspect we all have. IIRC it was about 10 minutes at 75F in D-76 1+1. Results were pretty bad, and I never bothered to print any of the negatives.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well I once accidentally processed an 8x10 E100VS transparency in Pyrocat and got the attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails col18f.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's E6, not C-41. Different game.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quite so.

Shooter
    35mm
    So you guys advise to use slide film for that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Palantiri7 View Post
    Well I once accidentally processed an 8x10 E100VS transparency in Pyrocat and got the attached.
    Given the results, I'm surprised you only did it once.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Additionally there is a Kodak tech publication that describes a mild bleaching solution with (I believe) Farmer's Reducer and citric acid that they say will dissolve the dye couplers in colour films after development in standard B&W chems. (The orange mask I think is permanent regardless.)

Unfortunately it's no longer available online - I requested a copy some time ago, and they were more than happy to mail a hard copy to me. It's at home right now and I'm not, so I don't have the details.

I believe it's been mentioned here before, and PE expressed his doubts about the viability of the procedure, but I can't find the thread now. If I can find it later I'll post more details...
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin