Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,505   Posts: 1,543,485   Online: 1041

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks for the responses. Andrew, your post was especially helpful as it indicates I can not record the shadows properly without derating Neopan 400. DF the chart was useful. Other than a clear film base, it does not appear I would get a speed advantage using Neopan vs Tri-X. Thanks for the help.
    RJ

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks for the advice. Andrew, your comments were especially helpful to confirm Neopan 400 needs to be derated similar to Tri-X. DF, the chart was useful.
    RJ

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Why not use TriX in DDX and get the full 400 out of it? I think it looks better than in D76 personally. You could also use HP5 at 500 in DDX.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have recently started using Neopan 400 (historically I've used Tri-X 400), and like it a lot, so far. I have also noticed the seemingly very clear base, but when I checked it with my densitometer, I got readings like 0.28, which seems really, really high. What have some of your experiences/readings been?

Attached is a 35mm photo with Neopan 400 rated at 800. Window light, F4 1/125, Developed w/ XTOL 1:2, minimal agitation (Thanks DF Cardwell).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L08-040-26 (1).jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin