Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,977   Online: 839

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Panchromatic Paper/Lith film

Are there any panchromatic lith films or papers made anymore? For doing separations or in camera work or printing from color negs?
    Last edited by tiberiustibz; 12-17-2008 at 09:04 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: wrong word

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I heard there was something by kodak called panalure or something like that...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    Are there any panchromatic lith films or papers made
    anymore? For doing separations or in camera work or
    printing from color negs?
    Where does the lith part figure in? Are you thinking
    of making half tones? Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I could think of many uses. In camera, for one, would be quite interesting and I wouldn't have to pay for full speed film. Plus I have become interested in doing color separation work and without this I would have to add another step in the process.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Kodak used to make Kodalith pan. I don't think they make it anymore. Ditto with the paper Panalure. Most pan line films went away when scanners became common.

If you need a pan paper try ra color paper processed in dektol and fixed in a nonhardening fix. The image you get is useable for some things- you'll have to judge.

Good luck

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There's not enough silver in crystal archive to make a usable black and white image...

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    I'm wondering if it would be possible to use Ilford's digital photo papers, which are panchromatic. Unfortunately, the paper is only available on rolls, making it a potentially expensive (and risky) venture.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin