Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,168   Online: 1071

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rollei Vintage Papers

I visit APUG almost daily and I haven't seen anything about what--in Australia anyway--is quite a new product.
    Made in the "EU", rather expensive, perhaps from the Maco stable.

Information? Comments?

Below from my regular supplier/stockist:

"The new range of Rollei Vintage B&W papers. Some stock has arrived and more is on the way.Rollei introduces the original baryta paper

VINTAGE 111 for the traditional silver gelatine photography.

ROLLEI presents 8 new papers, 4 fibre based and 4 resin coated.The assortment comprises the following kinds:

ROLLEI VINTAGE 111 fibre base; variable contrast; neutral tone emulsion; smooth; premium paper weight; white; glossy; for traditional processing with classic developers

ROLLEI VINTAGE 112 fibre base; variable contrast; neutral tone emulsion; smooth; premium paper weight; white; matte; for traditional processing with classic developers.

ROLLEI VINTAGE 131 fibre base; variable contrast; warmtone emulsion; smooth; premium paper weight; cream; glossy, for traditional & creative lithprocessing.

ROLLEI VINTAGE 132 fibre base; variable contrast; warmtone emulsion; smooth; premium paper weight; cream; matte; for traditional & creative lithprocessing.

ROLLEI VINTAGE 311 resin coated; variable contrast; neutral tone emulsion; smooth; white; glossy; for traditional processing with classic developers.

ROLLEI VINTAGE 312 resin coated; variable contrast; neutral tone emulsion; smooth; white; matte; for traditional processing with classic developers.

ROLLEI VINTAGE 331 resin coated; variable contrast; warmtone emulsion; smooth; standard paper weight; cream; glossy; for traditional & creative lithprocessing.

ROLLEI VINTAGE 332 resin coated; variable contrast; warmtone emulsion; smooth; standard paper weight; cream; matte; for traditional & creative lithprocessing."
    Last edited by Ross Chambers; 12-18-2008 at 01:46 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Odd characters introduced via cut and paste

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess most - if not all of them - are made by foma. The codes (111, 131, 331, etc) make it kind of suspicious anyway, but I have seen the foma logo on the boxes too. To be precise, it was "Produced by" with the foma logo Even the spectral sensitivity charts at rollei's pdfs seem to be taken from foma's pdfs...
    Last edited by Anon Ymous; 12-18-2008 at 04:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Buy Foma (much cheaper!)... and check if you see a difference...

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    It's Foma at twice the price. The new labels must be very expensive

Shooter
    35mm RF

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Yeah this definitely looks like Foma. The characteristics of these "Rollei" papers pretty much mirror those of Foma.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin