Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,096   Online: 1052

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try Volker at Just Film. He ships to Europe...

http://www.justfilmsf.com
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    I've bought Ilford stuff from www.cliffordstreetphotography.com.

He's apparently an Ilford official dealer, ships worldwide, and also sells on Ebay. Not quite as cheap as 7day-shop....but he's an active analogue photographer himself (might even be on APUG somewhere? ).
    Just bought my first item from him on e-bay late in the evening. It was despatched the next day. He's very good on some Ilford items and gives an honest appraisal on his secondhand items.

I think he still has to deal in relatively small quantities otherwise his prices would be keener still.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Just bought my first item from him on e-bay late in the evening. It was despatched the next day. He's very good on some Ilford items and gives an honest appraisal on his secondhand items.

I think he still has to deal in relatively small quantities otherwise his prices would be keener still.

pentaxuser
    I don't know how many films the original poster buys at one time, but it would be worth asking for a discount from any supplier for a very large order.

And, as some suppliers charge a fixed fee per order for handling and shipping,
    it's obviously only common sense to try to make up a single large order rather than buy in bits-and-pieces.
    Last edited by railwayman3; 12-18-2008 at 05:35 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Can't spell!

Cor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    I don't know how many films the original poster buys at one time, but it would be worth asking for a discount from any supplier for a very large order.

And, as some suppliers charge a fixed fee per order for handling and shipping,
    it's obviously only common sense to try to make up a single large order rather than buy in bits-and-pieces.

...quite right....it seems that Silverprint is my best option with their 30% discount for 10 rolls or more, a fixed shipping rate. They indeed require a minimum order of 100 pounds, but that is not a problem with at least 50 rolls planned...now should I wait until the pound gets cheaper or...

Best and thanks for all feedback,

Cor

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    ..now should I wait until the pound gets cheaper or...

Best and thanks for all feedback,

Cor
    If the pound gets any worse and it might, then it will soon be cheaper to fly over with an airline that quotes in sterling and pick up film in person

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi All,
    As my website has been mentioned in this thread www.cliffordstreetphotography.com can I just add, I sell Ilford products on EBAY (EBAY ID. UNITOL2) to the U.K. market, but from my website I am prepared to ship worldwide, any enquiries about Ilford Products can be made via my contacts link on the website, I shall be very happy to answer any questions anyone wishes to ask.
    I am passionate about film based photography, and will give a personal & efficient service.
    Best Regards,
    Cliff.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by UNITOL2 View Post
    Hi All,
    As my website has been mentioned in this thread www.cliffordstreetphotography.com can I just add, I sell Ilford products on EBAY (EBAY ID. UNITOL2) to the U.K. market, & efficient service.
    Best Regards,
    Cliff.
    I've bought from Cliff (Unitol2) and have been entirely satisfied. His films are supplied in full retail packaging, box and plastic canisters.

7dayshop are good too, but some of their films are split down from bulk packs, so they are just in the sealed foil. No prob with that, they do point this out clearly and I guess it keeps prices lowest. However I prefer to keep 35mm films organised in the plastic canisters when I'm out and about, and it also keeps them dry in fridge/freezer storage.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Railwayman3, for your comments on my service.
    I hope to be able to supply you again in the future, keep enjoying your photography.
    Best Regards,
    Cliff.
    www.cliffordstreetphotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin