Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,543   Online: 859

View Poll Results: What is your favorite film developer?

Voters
312. You may not vote on this poll
  • D-76/ID-11

44 14.10%
  • HC-110

30 9.62%
  • XTOL

33 10.58%
  • Rodinol

67 21.47%
  • Microdol-X

4 1.28%
  • PMK Pyro

31 9.94%
  • Pyrocat HD

35 11.22%
  • Other

68 21.79%
Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have been using D-76 1:1 for quite some time now, only experimenting with other developers occasionally. What is your favorite developer and why?

Shooter
    35mm
    I voted other, since most of my devs are homemade.

- Xtol equivalent/clone for PX - grain, sharpness;
    - Diafine equivalent/clone for TX @1200 - speed without blowing highlights.

And, for emergencies, I keep HC-110, that I usually use at dil B/2.

Jorge O

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm A Xtol user, I've been using it so long I can't even tell why any more except when I tested 12 or 15 years ago it was the one that worked best with the film and lighting. I can say that when I was testing I was looking for a way to expand the value range of my film yet maintain creamy whites,detail in the blacks yet good solid blacks so so Xtol came out the winner. It also has some nice versitility with dillutions,temp and processing times allowing that range I'm looking for. The only drawback I've seen is it is tempermental and has no patience for replinishing. so every 18 rolls of 120 I have to make a new batch.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Images
    I use more T-Max Developer than any other, probably because I use more T-Max film than any other. I use the standard stuff for all sizes, including sheet film. Actually I simply didn't notice the "For Roll Films Only" notice on the bottle years ago; since I was having excellent results, I never saw a reason to buy the RS version just for 4 x 5. (Anyone know why Kodak puts the warning on the bottle?)
    I always have some HC-110 available, especially for copy films and as something which will work with almost any film. Technidol Liquid comes in handy occasionally for high-contrast situations.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been using Rodinal more recently, but also use ID-11 and HC-110. Really depends on the film used, results and if it is time to experiment or not.
    Mike C

Rambles

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am using PMK for the very reason that I have about 2 lifetimes of part A. As soon as that is gone I will probably go to Pyrocat-HD. Til then, PMK is the soup of choice because I am so cheap.

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Depends on the film, format, and intended use.

I rarely shoot B&W in 35mm anymore, but if I did, I'd probably be shooting mostly TMX in D-76 1+1 and Delta 400 in Perceptol.

Mostly I shoot Tri-X in various forms and use PMK for negs that will be enlarged (4x5 and medium format) and ABC for negs that will be contact printed (8x10" and 11x14"). For extra speed, I like Acufine.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Images
    Rodinal for Efke 25 and APX100, sometimes for Tri-X. X-Tol for Delta 3200. Used to use ID-11 for Tri-X or HP5, but lately have been playing with WD2D+. Fantastic detail w/WD2D+, never any blown hightlights. The negs are a little low in contrast; I find myself printing at 4 quite a bit, but it's not a problem and the prints are nice.
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For Black and white, lately, I've been using Rodinal. I have some *really* good results from Alta's Gamma Plus.

For C-41 Color negative, Tetenal CN2 Pro Pack. I have Tetenal's C41 "Press" (dry chemicals), I'm about to try next.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oops. I just realized I posted color information in a "B&W" Forum. My apologies.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin