Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,903   Online: 1041

Thread: fomapan 100+DDX

Shooter
    35mm

fomapan 100+DDX

Hi could anyone suggest the development times for Fomapan 100 in DDX(1-4)
    Someome has suggested 11 minutes,could this be right?
    Ta DM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Foma should be able to provide this information for their own products. You could look up the times for FP4 Plus and Plus-X films and average them as a starting point. Make a test before taking any important photographs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks.Good points you made.I will give Forma a buzz in the new year.You see the film is so cheap I thought I'd give it a punt!Ilford are closed until Monday so I will call both companies next week.
    Ta DM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please post the info once you get it - I'd be very interested, too. - Thanks.

~Var

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Generally Foma films take about 30% less developing time than Tri-X, FP4+, Plus-X, etc.

For instance, my developing time for Delta 100, and Tri-X film in HC-110 rotary development at 1+100 dilution from syrup is 11 minutes. For Foma 200 and 100 it's 8 minutes for the same density.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all.I just got an Email from Foma.They say that 8-8.30 minutes @20c in DDX will give medium contrast negs.They were really helpful and I will be buying more Foma products when I return to the UK.
    DM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks so much for posting the info.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the post. My first roll was over-developed, and many photos had a distinctive look to them that I didn't like and found many fomapan 100 photos online that with that same look. I suspect that because fomapan needs less time, it is commonly over-developed.

If you look in the data sheet, you can see the explanation. The photos show medium highlights being too bright, and the listed response curve for the longest development reflects that.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mann61 View Post
    Hi all.I just got an Email from Foma.They say that 8-8.30 minutes @20c in DDX will give medium contrast negs.They were really helpful and I will be buying more Foma products when I return to the UK.
    DM
    Please could you tell me who you are mailing at Foma? Cause each time, my mails are answerless...
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes.Firstly I phoned them and spoke to Marcela.Her email address is marcela.reznickova@foma.cz

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin