Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
I remember seeing, a long time ago in a college lab store, a gallon glass bottle of glacial acetic acid which had shattered in a sudden cold snap over the Christmas hols, despite low heating being on.
It's not the sort of stuff that you want to find running down walls and over the floor as it unfreezes again!
Glacial acetic acid is pretty nasty stuff... I prefer handling chlorine gas and concentrated sulphuric acid any day. :/

I should check on my bottle now that its 12c inside the house in unheated rooms.. though my bottle is also wrapped up and kept away from other things.