Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,394   Online: 1008

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I will soon be moving up a notch(!) to 12x20 and will be processing Efke PL 100 using BTZS tubes and Pyrocat HD. Any suggestions on adjustments to be made in developing times to those I use for 8x10?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I dont think you will have to make any changes in development time if you are using the same film and developer. From what I understand the J&C film is the same, they just cut it in different sizes from a master roll.

Ah wait, are you going from tray developent to drum developent? if so, a good rule of thumb is about 15 to 20% less time, but it is still iffy, better try it with a negative that is not important.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco
    I will soon be moving up a notch(!) to 12x20 and will be processing Efke PL 100 using BTZS tubes and Pyrocat HD. Any suggestions on adjustments to be made in developing times to those I use for 8x10?
    Francesco,

Have you already purchased 12X20 BTZS tubes? If not I think it would be more practical, and cost you less also, to buy a used Beseler print drum and motor base. The BTZS tubes are wonderful for the smaller sizes but I found them fairly awkward to use in 7X17 and 12X20 size.

Sandy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have not yet purchased any tubes Sandy. What are the specs or product code for the Beseler print drum and motor base? Appreciate your help.
    Francesco

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco
    I have not yet purchased any tubes Sandy. What are the specs or product code for the Beseler print drum and motor base? Appreciate your help.

The drum I use is one of thed 16X20 color print drums by Beseler. But you want to make sure that the drum still has the plastic dividers. The drums came originally with three removable dividers but for 12X20 film you only need two of them. The motor base could be either a Beseler or Unicolor as they work about the same. You want to make sure that you get one that switches directions instead of the type that rotates only in one direction.

You see this type of equipment very often on ebay and the going price of the drums is about $20-40 and the motor bases usually go for about $40-50. And you can sometimes find this type of equpment at a palce like Midwest Photo or Columbia Camera.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin