Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,068   Online: 1101

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    $800 for all that stuff--- no way.

My best deal was $65 for a 45MX and the dude tossed in a 23c if I would cart it away too.

Do some research on eBay, and I think you can find MUCH better deals.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You should be able to do way better than $800.00 for what you are looking for. 23Cs are in huge supply used right now. Some folks are giving them away literally. It's a tough time for sellers since there's an oversupply. Good for buyers.

If you can possibly find and bring an experienced darkroom worker / photographer to visit whatever equipment you hope to purchase, that would be safest, since it's worse than hard to evaluate the actual condition of equipment over the phone or viewing type on craiglist. Use common sense and make sure things are up to snuff. That's where having someone who's been in a darkroom a lot is valuable.

When you are new to all this it can be overwhelming - but asking questions here can take a lot of the pressure off.

Best,

C

I have no doubt the seller paid $2000 for all that gear. Parting with such an investment is tough when it becomes "obsolete." Like the others have said, it's a buyer's market. Your $500 bid was not out of line. Getting it all in one nice package is worth a little extra compared to trying to find all that stuff individually. Sit and wait and see what happens.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    35mm
    Buy darkroom equipment? That's a novel approach. I got two darkrooms for the cost of gas to go and collect the stuff. The first trip didn't include everything I needed, but the second trip did. So, I now have 2 enlargers (1-4x5 & 1-6x6), several lenses, timers, safelights, easels, trays, beakers, Paterson reels & tanks, etc., etc., etc.

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He should expect to get about 10 percent of what he paid for it, at the most. If he wants more, forget it. This stuff comes up all the time. Don't feel bad. It's his fault for selling it. If he was still using it, instead of selling it, maybe it would actually be worth what he paid for it!
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 01-08-2009 at 06:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Here is Phoenix every week there's a set of darkroom stuff for sale. In this environment, at least, it's got to be a GREAT set to command even more than $150 for the whole shebang. Most sets go for less than $100. I just bought a set of beautiful darkroom equipment, Beseler enlarger, et al, for $80.
    Chris Klug
    -----------
    My photo life story: http://patternsoflightndark.com/wordpress/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    great! you are shooting 6x7. be sure you get one that will do that and might as well hold out for one that does 4x5! you should atleast try 4x5! you can get in for under $400 for a working set up easy! i just sold a 4x5 mono rail for $85! it is great to try. i would say keep an eye out for a sub-100$ set up for a DR that will do 4x5 and then use the other $400 you almost spent ona 4x5!

are you in NY area?

oh! he is bluffing on having another offer! IMO. trust me. keep it under $100

eddie

ps. try for the 3rd link i posted earlier....should be able to do it for less than 100
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $800 is more than similar stuff is selling for these days, in my opinion.
    What he paid for it is not really relevant anymore, it is what it is worth now that is important.

I snagged a D5 with a ton of stuff for $100.

Keep looking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin