Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 777

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moersch anyone?

I noticed that 8 Elm Photo in Toronto (www.eightelmphoto.com) stocks Moersch photo chemicals .

Anyone familiar with the developers (sepia, warm etc.)? They also have an Amidol dev.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have tried the Amidol and the Lith. Both very nice developers, although the two-bath Amidol/Catechol takes a little getting used to.

Moersch also has some .pdf's on his website detailing how to get the colour you want - i mix my own chemicals from his recipes if needed
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Some of these products are on my "project" list. Would be interested to find out what your results might be. (hopefully sometime this year)

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can get these products from Retro Photographic in the UK-see their ad in B&W magazine.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is there any advantage to the Moersch Lith developer over the Fotospeed or Forte Lith developers, which appear to be considerbaly cheaper here in the UK.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="Black Dog"]You can get these products from Retro Photographic in the UK

...........who are also members of this forum.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by efikim
    Is there any advantage to the Moersch Lith developer over the Fotospeed or Forte Lith developers, which appear to be considerbaly cheaper here in the UK.
    Dunno - I'm still learning (and testing). MACO (=fotospeed) does not give good results with Forte lith paper, but is outstanding with Forte Museum weight and (old) New Oriental Seagull VC FB.

Will test the Moersch Lith soon. Results will be posted in the "Tales From the Experimental Darkroom"-thread.
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Ole,

Are you sure that Maco and Fotospeed lith developers are the same? They have different descriptions in Tim Rudman's book.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by efikim
    Are you sure that Maco and Fotospeed lith developers are the same? They have different descriptions in Tim Rudman's book.
    That should teach me to check before I type: MACO is LaborPartner, Fotospeed is different. The Fotospeed test kit is really nice, but the paper included with it isn't good with MACO lith developer. Still haven't tried it in other chemicals.
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Ole,
    I have used the Fotospeed developer with the original Kentmere Kentona in the past, with good results. I was less impressed with its performance with the current Kentona paper though. I think I'll get some other papers to try first, before trying a different developer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin