Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,667   Online: 964

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Freestyle Legacy Pro 100 = Acros 100?

Did anybody ever come to a conclusion about whether FS's new Legacy Pro 100 is Acros 100 or Neopan SS? I ask because I absolutely love Acros 100 in 120 format, but I'm hoping I could get some in 35mm at the super cheap FS prices to try out...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We had a topic about it in Product availability, and most people seem to be leaning towards Acros. We'll likely know when we get the development data in a week or two, the film's scheduled to be available from the 20th I think.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, we're all going to have to buy some, load up the cameras and go out and shoot globs of it. We'll then have to go into our darkrooms, dev it and then make prints. I can't think of a bigger waste of my day!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a mile of difference between Neopan SS and Neopan Acros, as far as granularity goes. Neopan SS has much more grain. Two rolls tested would tell you immediately.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohblah View Post
    Did anybody ever come to a conclusion about whether FS's new Legacy Pro 100 is Acros 100 or Neopan SS?
    Some have concluded that it's Acros in other threads. However it hasn't shipped yet and there are no development times, so the hard evidence is spotty.

Actually I think that Neopan SS is so rare and unknown in the US that people don't know it's a possible candidate for the Legacy film, so that and a strong desire for inexpensive Acros are at play.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    One good test is that Acros has great reciprocity. Exposures out to 2 minutes need no adjustment. This would be a good test as well.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Needless to say, I'm really hoping it's Acros. I'm tired of paying $5/roll for my favorite films.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If they are your favorite film, maybe there is good reason they are $5 a roll?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The developing times have been posted already at the Freestyle site. The dev times for both films in D76 1:1 are the same as acros and neopan 400.

Jurgen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Must have been posted today. I checked before I posted this morning. Here's a readable comparison. No times are posted for Neopan SS on the Freestyle chart.

Lee
    Attached Files

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin