Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,233   Online: 833

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Interesting, but even in bankruptcy there may be issues with patents Polaroid holds. I think Fuji licensed some of these for their own instant products, so if Fuji doesn't consider it worthwhile (or possibly cost-effective) to try and work around Polaroid's patents, I don't have a lot of hope for an independent project, even one backed by Harman/Ilford.

But I will be pleasantly surprised if this comes to fruition
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That all is brand new news. And the role of Harman Technologies is not clear yet. Just the supplier of the negative film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd expect Ilford/Harman are the ones supplying the coated product. More cost effective to contract out that stage than to try and get a whole coating line up and running, for such a relatively small operation. Doesn't matter how you look at it, this is good news for the analogue world. Polaroid developed something of a lomography following in the last few years, so if they can get this up and running they would have a ready market. Keeping an eager eye on this...
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does Polaroid even hold any more patents? If I'm not mistaken, patents are only good for 8 years. Thus, anything Polaroid patented back in the 70's would long be in the public domain.

I just looked on a few sites and it appears that utility patents (which Polaroid would have filed back in the 70s) are good for 20 years. I am no lawyer, but it appears if the new investors have the tools and materials required, they shouldn't get any pushback from Polaroid. Not that they have any pushback left.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How 'bout some type 55? JBrunner will be happy if they do that
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting it states support from Ilford Harman Technology - shame the link on the site takes you to the other and incorrect Ilford website!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd noticed that too, hardly a confidence builder if they aren't aware of the two different Ilford companies.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel Hardy-Vallée View Post
    Wow, indeed! I am imagining a B&W integral 600-compatible film...
    I would love that

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes integral means 600 type as in for sx-70 cameras. I'd happily switch to instax if Fuji stopped producing incredibly crap instax cameras and produced a more professional, manual focus SLR camera for their instax film. I've really not been impressed with the instax 100 and 200 cameras so far, especially the utterly simple option of turning off the automatic flash is not on these cameras!
    Rant over, I will miss my sx-70 if i can't get the 600 type film to go in it anymore (but for now, it's still easily available at the local chemist for cheaper than lots of photo places have hiked the price up to).
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I'd noticed that too, hardly a confidence builder if they aren't aware of the two different Ilford companies.

Ian

Have a look at the site again. They did some changes.

Though `the other company´ would not have been a bad choice either.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin