Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,655   Online: 1203

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use tupperware type tubs. I can reseal them, they don't take up much room, and they are REALLY cheap. You can even get different color for different chemicals just to jazz things up a bit. Makes people think your really organized LOL. Of course this is a "do it in the dark" procedure using hangers. I can develop a ton of film a lot quicker than the tube people as I don't have to mess around with drying etc. I can also do up to 10 sheets at a time in a pinch, more if I bought bigger tubs.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got one of those, really nice. Only thing is you now are developing your days shoot of 4x5 just like roll film, all the same. Of course I'm pretty ignorant of the finer points of plus and minus development so I'm perfectly happy with it.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That would work if you were doing multiple batches, but I do good to fill the reel and don't really want to break it down into multiple runs with a partially full tank. I usually don't have much trouble printing the negs anyway so I'm not really worried by it. Maybe one of these days I'll be ambitious enough to shoot that many frames and actually keep track of the SBRs and whatever else, but not today.

Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    That would work if you were doing multiple batches, but I do good to fill the reel and don't really want to break it down into multiple runs with a partially full tank. I usually don't have much trouble printing the negs anyway so I'm not really worried by it. Maybe one of these days I'll be ambitious enough to shoot that many frames and actually keep track of the SBRs and whatever else, but not today.
    LOL !!!

I usually use my Nikor 4x5 tank and I am in your corner. "Duh wats N+1? I jus want sumpin ta print."

Really, if I ever get less lazy and start using a little more science in my developing I certainly wouldn't use the Nikor tank as it is great for doing large batches but not individual processing. I also wonder what the effect of varying the number of sheets would be on developing. One or two sheets still takes the same 1000ml of developer that will also cover 12 sheets. You would have to consider developer exhaustion (or non exhaustion) and the effect of aggitation with fewer sheets.

I also have a couple of Unicolor drums that work great for two or four sheets and that or even trays would be a much better choice for N+/- stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

well, i'm on my second attempt at getting the silicon in the lid per GreyWolf's suggestion. I'll know later today if it works. and boy, i'm so surprised at the prices those nikor tanks go for...$100??...sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisl
    and boy, i'm so surprised at the prices those nikor tanks go for...$100??...sheesh.
    I sure wouldn't pay anywhere close to that much for one. It has as many negative as positive points. If you are going to spend that kind of money get a Jobo or several Unicolor tanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin