Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,776   Posts: 1,516,690   Online: 1204

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They make it in G2 through G4, but effectively that is G3 through G5. It's not really a hindrance, in fact this give you more range and with careful use of water bath and selectol soft or two bath print development, you have plenty of control open to you. I would not let it worry you about this either. Keep some of each grade, and you are good to go.

The other thing to realize is that the Unibrom version is actually the coldest toned bromide paper currently available today. It reminds me quite a bit of the way old Agfa Brovia used to behave. Enjoy.....
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I really havent heard any overly negative comments on the forums and google searches I've checked out. I might give it try next time I have some money.

Just one more question: What developer should I use? I know that's a subjective question, but if one paper developer is suggested way more than another, I might give that one a try first.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've recently started to try it out, I'm using Liquidol from the Formulary, which is my normal stuff. However, one Slavitch fan I know uses Amidol with a water bath. I have a package of Formulary Weston's Amidol that I bought specifically for the Slavitch, but I haven't mixed it up yet.

So far, I really like it, I will absolutely be buying more of it.

Shooter
    35mm
    ok, so I finally bought a pack of 25 sheets of grade 2 slavich unibrom. I bought a pack of Dektol powder to use as the paper developer. It should be here by Saturday, hopefully. I'm looking forward to trying this paper out

BTW, has anyone developed Slavich Unibrom in Dektol? I probably should have asked this before ordering

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by WGibsonPhotography View Post
    BTW, has anyone developed Slavich Unibrom in Dektol?
    I probably should have asked this before ordering
    My pack of paper mind you and with a condenser enlarger,
    Slavich printed grade 3 in a very soft developer, Beer's 1,
    and made grade 4 in Beer's 7. Beer's 7 is a tad bit more
    contrasty than Dektol.

You'll save on fixer using Slavich. In a test of four papers
    Slavich required the least fixer; as much as 40% less.
    The other three papers were Arista, Emaks, and
    Kentmere Bromide. The bromide needed the
    most fixer. Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    My slavich unibrom paper came in today, along with an apparent kick to the side of the box it was shipped in. I opened the box (the box it was shipped in, not the box of paper) to see if there was any damage. The only damage to the pack of paper was a few dings in the cardboard which porbably occured by rattling around in a damaged box.

I took the paper to my darkroom/bathroom with the lights off to feel if there was any damage to the corners of the paper (which really isnt a problem because I usually print with a border, just did it out of curiosity). the paper comes in a fairly thick envelope that feels like plastic, which is what I expected. Just out of curiosity, is that envelope opaque black like the Arista paper? Being packaged in a thick envelope iside the box is a standard thing, right? I know that's a stupid question, but I've never used anything other than Arista. If I had red lights in my bathroom, I would have turned them on to check, but I havent gotten around to getting them yet

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Yes, it's opaque black, and yes, it is standard. If it weren't, there would be mucho fogging of the paper.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhead View Post
    Yes, it's opaque black, and yes, it is standard. If it weren't, there would be mucho fogging of the paper.

I assumed that was the case, but I didnt want to take a chance until I opened it under safelights or asked someone that knew.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by WGibsonPhotography View Post
    If I had red lights in my bathroom, I would have turned them
    on to check, but I havent gotten around to getting them yet
    Red safe lights are not needed with Slavich papers.
    I and a few others have found that to be the case.
    My orange-ish yellow safe lights used with other
    Graded papers work fine with Slavich. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I just started using Slavich and I was wondering what the water bath that Andrew Moxom suggested is, and how is it to be used?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin