Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,951   Online: 1069

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you for your generous to share this formula, pyrocat MC is my main developer, A gentleman Sandy King and Pat Gainer proudly and generous Member Of Black And White society

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You know, I might just start using Pyrocat-(HD|MC) now...

It's most heartening to behold this collaboration, instead of seeing snake oils peddlers trashing each other's products.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thank you Sandy and Pat. I use pyrocat-P.

I've learnt so much from both of you over the years. From Sandy's pyrocat-HD, and Kallitype printing (yes, Sodium Citrate developer rules!), to Mr. Gainer's great reads in PT magazine, and Vitamin C developers...
    Thank you, gentlemen!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you find the need you could also mix the Pyrocat-P formula with glycol, substituting ascorbic acid for metabisulfite and eliminating bromide.

And it is really easy to do since all of the chemicals go into solution easily in warm glycol.

Pyrocat-P has a very interesting edge effect that is quite different from both -HD and -MC.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by vet173 View Post
    Thank you Sandy and Pat. I use pyrocat-P.

Images
    I was about to suggest that. While you are getting the p-aminophenol be sure to get the base, not the hydrochloride, if you plan to dissolve it in glycol. You can also make 500 ml of Rodinal clone with 40 grams of the p-aminophenol, 85 grams of sodium sulfite and 13.8 grams of sodium hydroxide or 19.3 grams of potassium hydroxide and enough water. Now for a few turns around the mixer you can have two of the best developers, one staining and the other not. Each has its character.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Sandy for the kind comment. I am very pleased and honored to have you as a friend.

Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin