Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,265   Online: 1012

Shooter
    Large Format

Does anyone have any experience using Ilford multigrade rc express?

I'm planning on printing a b/w portfolio of 35mm images full frame and full bleed. I don't want to trim down 11x14's so I'm thinking of getting a 11" wide roll of RC and cutting to size using my nifty meteor-seigen automatic roll cutter (ebay score). I don't want to use fibre-based paper because I plan to process with a roller transport machine. Apparently the only b/w RC paper currently available is Ilford's multigrade rc express. I've never used this stuff before. Does anyone have any experience with express? Does it compare favorably to multigrade iv rc de luxe?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Frotog,

The Technical Info is all available on the ILFORD Photo website, Its meant for high speed exposure and processing, the image quality is almost identical to normal MUTIGRADE papers, I do not know where you are based but the only thing is that it would have to a 'distributor' order, and we have minimum roll quantities for manufacture. Again that can be checked in the PAL ( Product Availability List )

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Normal MULTIGRADE is available in some narrow roll sizes as well

Simon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is a list of Ilford's products, lots of different sized rolls are made.

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/200866151713767.pdf

Now you may have to special order what you want.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    There are rolls of Tetenal Vario (which is said to be rebranded Kentmere VC Select) and Ilford MG available at http://www.nordfoto.de/cgi-bin/nfvsh...77305312476675
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I bought a roll of this stuff. 4 inches by 500 feet. I used it for 4x5 contact prints. Worked just fine. Still have a ton of it left.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks to everyone who responded. Simon, I checked the PAL for ilford express glossy, 11"x250' - it says the item is nonstock. This is strange as my distributer, Unique Photo in N.J. told me they can get it in a week to 10 days. Is my distributer unaware of the special order status for this particular roll or could it be that there exists rolls from previous manufacturing runs? If my distributer is wrong and the roll is unavailable, how many rolls need to be ordered to satisfy the minimum order? Thanks! BTW, I'm on the E. coast of the US.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If Unique can get it for you in this timescale it means it is held as a stock item with our USA distributor WYNIT Inc.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin