Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,999   Online: 788

pyrocat HD formula

I don't know where I originally collected Sandy King's pyrocat HD formula. After rebuilding my darkroom and organizing my formula sheets I find conflicting data: I have 0.2g potasium bromide recorded and see elsewhere 0.1g. I usually multiplied the formula by 5 to measure the potasium bromide more easily at 1.0 gram.

Not sure what is official formula - though I would not change methods for consistancy, I am guessing with more pot. bromide the development would be slowed down?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Phil,

The formula calls for 2 grams of bromide per liter of Stock A, but you could use only one gram, or omit the bromide entirely if you like. If you eliminated it entirely you would get a tad more efective film speed, which is good, but a tad more B+F. Those are the trade offs.

Sandy King

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin