Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,499   Online: 1088

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I bought a bottle of TF-4 from Monochrom in Germany. Maybe Silverprint carries it as well?

I have to admit that I don't support Formulary that much. I wanted to compare TF-4 with my own mix: TF-4 wins barely on speed, my own is a clear winner on smell. And I thought that was bad - I'd have to get a very much better ventilation system for my darkroom if I were to use TF-4 on a regular basis!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ole,
    what's your fixer mix, if you don't mind sharing?

Jeremy
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I will share, as soon as I've tested a few prints to destruction. So far it works, it works well, and it's a lot cheaper than TF-4 or any other commercial mix. It ramains to be seen how well it fixes, I need to run a few more tests. I don't want to be blamed if your prints all start rotting
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ann,

Ah ha, Tim Rudman.
    I've heard a romour that Santa has reserved one of the last copies of the current print run of his photographers master printing guide.
    Been looking for this book for a while.
    I wasn't keen on HCA as it's another big tub of solution, another step and another tray. My darkroom is tiny, only the Nova 12x16inch fiber processor I recently purchased makes a big print possible. Print washing is in the bath in the bathroom.
    Most people seem to stress the importance of HCA, and I guess it should save time overall plus make me feel more confident about the washing.
    So there will now be two 12x16 trays in the bath.
    I take it one tray half full of HCA will clear a number of prints.

Meanwhile I hope santa really has got that bloomin book for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin