Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,425   Online: 1145

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gold Toning Azo

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The date on the paper was 1964, in fact I just smiled and said thanks, but it wasn't until on my way home I remembered that AZO had a rep for staying power.
    Ran a quick test with a few sheets expectly fog, but no..... The top sheet and the bottom one had some funky things going on, but the wrapper was moldy so that is no surprise. Middle sheets looked great.

Years ago there was a box of either 8 x 8 or 10 x 10 ( interesting size had not seen before) AZO hanging around the lab and ended up giving it to a student who was doing some contact printing. Never got to see the results;; hope he got good use out of it. It had to be 10 to 15 years old at that time. I was on one of those massive clean up binges. I will be more carefully next time.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have some of the older Azo that I bought from an individual. (Grades 1 through 4). I print on both the older and the newer paper. The older paper has a luminescence that the new paper does not possess. (Not that the new paper is bad by any means). Michael Smith indicated that Azo had been through several reformulations in the time that he has used it. Some of the older paper had Cadium as an ingredient of the emulsion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to agree with donald. While both the old and the new paper seem to glow, the older one has a radience that I have yet to see in any other paper, even the new azo.

BTW...turns out that the old azo did go blue in the toner. I just could not tell until it dried down and I compared it to an untoned print. Thanks again for the help!
    RL Foley

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ever since Cadium was remove from several papers, many have been unhappy campers. Agfa Brovia was wonderful stuff until they removed the Cadium as was AZO and I think the older Forte Polywarm tone as well. THat paper did wonderful splits. I believe environmental issues led to the removal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try Tetenal Gold Toner. That produces a pronounced blue tone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin