Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,746   Online: 976

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Has anyone ever frozen sheet film after the box has been opened? I have some partially used boxes that I want to store. But I'm afraid of moisture condensation accumulating on the sheets during the freeze/thaw process. Any experience would be appreciated.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    zip lock freezer bag maybe?

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Have you tried it Lee?

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    yes and it works just fine. Let the film come to room temp before opening the bag and trying to load it.

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sounds good. Thanks Lee.

Shooter
    35mm
    I would place some silica gel bags inside the ziploc, close it, wait a few hours and then freeze it.

Jorge O

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I keep my film in the frezer at all times. I don't use ziplock or any other type of bag, just throw the box back in when I've loaded as many holders as I want.

I haven't had any condensation problems yet ...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have often done that. In the original (opened) foil and box. Never had any problems. Moisture doesn't hurt as long as you thaw it long enough prior to use. You may even freeze film in holders/magazines. In wintertime when it is frosty outside, you can use them right out of the freezer :-)

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    There are two "crispers" in my fridge. One is my "film crisper" and the other is my girlfriend's (she's a horticulturalist) "seed crisper". I remember a time when they were "beer crispers", such is life.
    "Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do!"-Bender Bending Rodriguez

Images
    Good Morning, Alex,

I've never encountered any problems with re-freezing partially full boxes of sheet film. I do try to have the film in a low-humidity environment for some hours prior to putting it back in the freezer. During either heating or AC seasons, that's easy. I use Ziplock bags, too. All that may be, as Ole's message suggests, overkill. Going from an extremely hot, humid environment directly to the freezer seems to be asking for trouble, but, otherwise, you shouldn't have any problem.

Konical

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin