Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,808   Online: 825

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    All,
    This is the first jug of Ilford's fixer I have ever bought. There is some little cryptic message on the side but I can not read it. Can some one familiar with the mixing explain it to me? This is supposed to make 5 liters or 25 liters.

lee\c

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lee: I looked on my bottle of fixer. It has a "fold-out" paper containing all the info you should need.

Film and paper : 1+4

Paper: 1+9

I think the difference with the paper is for those wishing to use Ilford's method of fixing, and the second for old foggies like me who want the more classic fixing methods. Actually a test several years ago indicated good results with Ilford's method for me - on RC paper at least.

Truly, dr bob.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    thanks, dr bob,
    I used my head for something besides a hat rack and looked it up on Ilford.com I will use the "old foggies" method.

lee\c

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin