Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,476   Online: 1090

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If the base is the issue, Ilford Galerie graded has the whitest base out there of anything I've tried. Oddly, it's whiter than Ilford MGFBIV, which I would have thought would be on the same base. Warmtone papers are often on a slightly off-white base, which may be what's troubling you.

Have you tried local bleaching, with potassium ferricyanide? This is great for giving highlights just a little extra sparkle.

Selenium toning the neg also has the potential to push up the highlights. I use Kodak Rapid Selenium Toner 1+3 for 8 minutes to get one stop of additional highlight density.

Also, be sure that it's not just an issue of drydown. If your prints look good wet, but seem to loose their brilliance when they dry, then you'll want to think about this. If you use the same paper all the time, you can eventually develop an intuition for how a wet print should look, but otherwise, Les McLean has written about testing for drydown so that you can calculate it and incorporate it into your exposure times.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have tried a few sheets of the new Fotospeed Legacy (in Neutol WA)and it is slightly warm (in a dark chocolate way, rather than warm brown like forte polywarmtone) and the base is a lot whiter then MG Warmtone. Very, Very nice paper, with superb finish. Really sparkles, glows - call it wehat you will, but it has depth. Definitely the warm paper to sit alongside Seagul VCFB for me....

Some have described this paper as having a cream base. It looks fairly white to me!

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Tom;
    where did you get this paper. I have been searching around but no luck. I did send an email to Fotospeed but I think it is the middle of the night at their end of town.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    One other issue that would effect the paper base is safelight fogging. The bright areas of the print are where you will see the unsafelight do the most damage.

lee\c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin