Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,808   Online: 829

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use pan f at ei 40 developed in exactol Lux 1:1:100 for 7 mins @ 21 deg - SUPERB! A lovely smooth tonality and the resolution is breathtaking. I have found it particularly good for low light, indoor type shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    :? Thanks for your input, everyone!

Well, I may get the FP4 developed in Rodinal... just because I'm learning from someone else how to do this and Rodinal's what they have. When I learn enough to do my own, I'll start experimenting. :lol:

Aggie, another problem with the 7II is the limited DOF, for my street stuff, I have to shoot at f11 to get a reasonable DOF, and the shutter speed is often too slow for hand-holding or to freeze motion. I have to use faster film, or start rating my existing film at ISO800 or faster but again, I have no experience doing this. I used to shoot 99% of my BW 35mm stuff in Agfa Scala at ISO200. Again, although this is off-the-topic, any tips for good fast film that can be used, or good film for pushing to 800 would be appreciated! I just want a reasonably fine grain so getting ISO 3200 film is probably out of the question?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Jin you should PM Les McLean. He is the street shooting wizard. Tri-X is great for fine grain at 400 asa and pushes well up to 3200.

I find it interesting that you feel you can't get enough DOF with a 65mm WA. Interesting. But I think the combination of faster ASA and getting comfortable with the camera will go a long way.

RF cameras are the best for street shooting as they focus a lot faster than SLR's and are easier to focus in low light.

FP4 in Rodinal is wonderful, you will like the tonality.

Good luck.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    RF cameras are the best for street shooting as they focus a lot faster than SLR's and are easier to focus in low light.
    I have done a bit of "street photography" with a Bronica ETRS - a MF SLR - with 75 and 150mm lenses. Most of this was more or less shot from the hip, by adjusting the focus as I walk. Estimating distance becomes second nature quite quickly is you practice it. Then just set focus by the scale. Same with other settings - aperture and speed all set by best estimate of lighting conditions, more or less continuously.

My "Commercial Bank of ..." was shot like that: Ilford FP4+, 1/250, f:11 I guess. I did use the waist-level finder to frame that shot, as I knew it was going to be tight.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amen Aggie, on the monopod - they make quite an impression with camera on one end and mad-man/woman on the other...grin! Oh, don't forget to put a good head on top of that monopod either.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use both films quite frequently. PanF in both MF and 35mm, FP4 in MF only. Both films are superb in their rendition of tone and contrast. I like FP4 pushed to ISO 200 to give me more shutter speed options with little or no perceptible difference in grain size. It can be very contrasty, so use filters sparingly. PanF is has just gorgeous characteristics in tone and acuity. Even at 35mm the film puts out relatively grainless negatives with such warm velvety texture in some instances and cut-your-eyeballs-out sharpness in others. It remains as my second overall film to Efke R25.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin