Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,992   Online: 799

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Moersch Eco 4812 Paper Developer

Every once in a while I enjoy looking through the various products available at Freestyle. My interest was peaked when I noted Moersch Eco 4812 paper developer as being touted by the manuracturer as "The Best in the World".

Has anyone here used the Moersch developer, and if so, would they care to comment? Go to Freestyle and click on the appropriate links to see examples of prints made with Eco. Rather impressive, but still....

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do use it, I do like it... but take any aseveration with a grain of salt...
    Under every objective -measurable- point of view it's a great developer, last a lot, develops paper as expected, less harmful to environment, but the question isn't there, the question is if it will fit you, or what do you expect out of a paper developer.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    35mm
    It is indeed a very good developer; especially shadow separation is top. What makes it really special is the combination of low-toxicity, keeping properties, quality and price. I do not think that there are many developers available which succeed in all four aspects at the same time.
    On the other hand, it might not harmonize perfectly with all papers on the market, and, as usually, a lot depends on your personal preferences.
    It is also not the fastest working, so I prefer a different developer when I am doing just some quick 5x7 prints. But for a quality print on Varycon FB paper it is really great.

Regards
    Georg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used it the last 3/4 year and I really like the combination of ECO4812 and Ilford MGIV or MGW a lot. Compared to other paper developers I have used, ECO4812 gives better shadows separation and really nice midtones. I don't know if it is "the best in the World", but for me it is the best neutral paper developer in the World.

Other people might have other opinions.

Regards
    Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have not used this particular dev. But all Wolfgang Moersch's products are excellent!
    Look here and read it in his own words:
    www.moersch-photochemie.de/index_e.php

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I also use it and like it. If you like to see some examples, visit Wolfgang Moerschs web site, he has a gallery for all his products, here is the one for Eco.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Thanks Ruediger. The examples provided are very impressive.

Vielen Danke.

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting keeping qualities. Is the tone comparable to Dektol?
    /matti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi,

I´ve written a short test about the new ECO developer. I work on a english version. Here you can read the german one:

http://www.joerg-bergs.de/28.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra8 View Post
    Hi,

I´ve written a short test about the new ECO developer. I work on a english version. Here you can read the german one:

http://www.joerg-bergs.de/28.html
    can you summarize your test results in English please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin