Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,434   Online: 833

Shooter
    Medium Format

1:49 HC-110 Developing Times

Been fun developing roll film at using Jason Brunner's Kodak HC-110 made simple instructions (http://www.jasonbrunner.com/hc110.html).

Does anyone have developing times for Tri-X 400 @ ISO 200 and APX 100 @ ISO 100 using Jason's dilution and developing directions?

Thanks,

Jay

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dil E (1:47) on the TriX rated at 200 is around six and a half minutes according to the Massive Dev Chart. Nothing for the APX100 at 1:49. However at Dil B (1:31) it recommends seven minutes. So you might be running somewhere in the ballpark of nine or more at 1:49.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used 400TX rated at 200asa and developed in 1:50 HC110 @ 20 deg.C. Agitation was 30 sec. continuous initial and one inversion per minute after, using a small tank. I print with a cold light source and on graded paper so my set-up may not match yours. This maybe a ball park figure for you. Have not used APX100.
    Regards,
    John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Roberts View Post
    I have used 400TX rated at 200asa and developed in 1:50 HC110 @ 20 deg.C. Agitation was 30 sec. continuous initial and one inversion per minute after, using a small tank. I print with a cold light source and on graded paper so my set-up may not match yours. This maybe a ball park figure for you. Have not used APX100.
    Regards,
    John

Thanks John. What was your development time?

Jay

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Dil E (1:47) on the TriX rated at 200 is around six and a half minutes according to the Massive Dev Chart. Nothing for the APX100 at 1:49. However at Dil B (1:31) it recommends seven minutes. So you might be running somewhere in the ballpark of nine or more at 1:49.
    Thanks Christopher. And, thank you for Creative Image Maker, I spent some time there and enjoy it very much.

Jay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeytumble View Post
    Thanks John. What was your development time?

Jay
    Sorry, stupid of me to leave the most relevant bit out!!!:rolleyes:
    10 minutes.
    Regards,
    John

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You are welcome. So you know we have a push processing article coming up in the May issue. April will be dedicated to Pinhole Photography.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin