Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,369   Online: 819

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

The Alchemists at Dylan Ellis Gallery Opening

Thursday Night (march 12) is the opening reception for the Alchemists: Featuring Bill Schwab, Guillaume Zuili, Osheen Harruthoonyan and myself. The show runs until April 26. I hope some of you can make it.

more details can be found here:

http://www.elevatordigital.ca/deg/

I know this isn't the right forum, but the show is all B&W (film, paper and Chemistry).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good Luck and congrats to all I'm sure it will be a great show.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Good luck indeed...I know from talking to Bill that he is thrilled with the quality of work in the show...Cheers!!!
    -Don.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I popped in to take a peek and was immensely delighted to see Mr. Zuili's Woman Crossing The Street, which has put me into some kind of hypnotic reverie ever since first seeing it here on APUG. So wonderful to see it in person.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm there in spirit, cheering you on! You guys are real role models.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I rounded up the family after dinner and we headed in to take in the show. Wow. Big proud prints, looking at you as much as you look at them.

The kind of images that make you:
    wonder at the beauty
    wonder why you could not see that (image that has been presented so beautifully),
    and look at the cool image and say (in your inner photograher voice) how in the world did that image get made?

And, as always, while not part of the show, the hallways at Elevator are full of great images to take in as well:
    Kevin's great photos of Paris. Oh how I wish I had not started the bathroom renovation, for instead we could have visited Paris instead kind of images.
    The rock musicians wall.
    The Dr. Mark N images of his elederly shut in patients.
    and more of Carnies sneaking though the scrap yard out back, and capturing such great abstracts.

Congratulations on a great show.

Nice to see Juris, Dinesh, and others from the Fall White Pines workshop as well.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I am so bummed. Stuck in Toronto because of work for an extra day with nothing to do and I see this post much too late. Bummer!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Word!
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was lucky enough to get to the opening last night, and was blown away by the quality of work on display. It's been a while since I've seen a showing as impressive. All four photographers bring a lot to the table! Guillaume Zuili's work had me hypnotized; never seen anything like it.

The trainspotter in me was just as impressed by Elevator's collection of mammoth enlargers. Pretty wild.

If you've got the opportunity to see the show, you'll not be disappointed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey All,

Just waking up from the haze of last night and trying to get my voice back. Bob Guillaume, Dinesh and I closed the bar and seem to have talked about everything under the sun. Really great to meet Guillaume after all this time. A kindred spirit to be sure. What a great time! Really great turnout as well. Thanks to all who came as well as all the well wishes. So amazing to see it all up on the walls after all this time. Bob and the crew at Elevator are top shelf and I am proud to have been a part of this. If you happen to find yourself in Toronto, please stop by and give it a look! Also... if you're looking to print BIG, Bob is the man. You will be blown away at what this man can do in the darkroom.

Thanks Bob!!!

Best, Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin