Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,423   Online: 1210

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Tom;

Toronto was smaller IIRC. Rochester had (has) a lot more capacity and area.

PE
    ... Rochester, getting smaller all the time.

Are they making parks in the areas of Kodak that have been demoed in Rochester PE?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fprgive me if I pick a nit. The street name is Eglinton Avenue. Not Egglington. I used to live in Toronto.

Morry Katz
    Lethbrige

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And the area was known as "Camera Heights"

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post

I do have a package of Kodak RC B&W Paper that was made for the US market,(bought from Freestyle) that says "Made in Canada by Kodak Canada for Eastman Kodak Co.
    The very LAST 100-sheet box of Kodak paper I had, which I used up about two years ago, was exactly the same. Until I saw that, I wasn't even sure if Kodak was coating in the Toronto facility.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Interesting collection of photos - I wonder if the photos in that collection were made by the very technology that killed the plant?
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Medium Format

Haunting images of abandoned Kodak factory

Marco B: "Burst eye wash pipe" is a photo of an Eyewash Station pipe that burst and the water eventually froze in a wave form, but not before totally flooding the basement and rendering the elevator useless! It was pretty wild, 'they' left the electricity on but turned the heat off, so the water in the pipes froze and needless to say there were bursts all over property.

fhovie: The images I shot of the Kodak Plant we mostly shot on 35mm film. However, I did use a p&s digital camera for snaps in dark rooms and my Autocord when I revisited Building 9 (the only building left of the site) last year.

Thanks for looking at my photos!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrence Brennan View Post
    The very LAST 100-sheet box of Kodak paper I had, which I used up about two years ago, was exactly the same. Until I saw that, I wasn't even sure if Kodak was coating in the Toronto facility.
    The SA'FETY FILM marks were very common in the distant past, although when I got 100 ft rolls of Bulk film, the US code was shown even though the box said Kodak Canada. My undrstanding is that back in the 50s and 60 ALL the Common types were made in Toronto for the canadian market. Mind you the marking would have applied to film that was converted in toronto from master rolls made elsewhere.
    I beleive that Paper was the last product that they coated there.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    While doing my daily Kodak news story search today I came across this image of the abandoned Toronto Kodak plant, figured I'd posted it in this old thread so as to keep the info/photos in one place...

http://www.blogto.com/photo_of_the_d...plant_toronto/
    Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin