Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,370   Online: 1020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You judge the highlights on the base side by looking at it in reflected light. It takes some practice, but isn't difficult.

Have fun! It's pretty cool, actually. If you use a developer like Pyrocat, I remember ,(I hope correctly), that it de-sensitizes the emulsion quite a bit, so several seconds worth of inspection is possible.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been looking into doing this as I use many types of sheet film that require different times. It seems like a great idea to cut down on the amount of chemicals used as well. Has anyone tried this on a large scale with something like 20 sheets of all different types of film? I'd be using Pyrocat HD with many sheets. Is it possible or will I just end up fogging lots of the film by analyzing too many sheets throughout the process?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I think the title of the thread should read, Bussinks's Lab Guy's Development Technique. Development with inspection is not that big of a deal but maybe FWIW it wouldn't be that big of a deal if he got the exposure correct in the first place!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin