Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,488   Online: 772

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: PCTEA anyone?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Just for the record, most reasonably bright people are well aware of [...]
    Well, I think this is the basic problem. I beleive that most people are not reasonably bright, and the ones that are, are not reasonably bright 100% of the time.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    OK, that is an opinion.

But I don't agree with it. Most of the people I know are indeed reasonably bright and know how to protect themselves. If anything, they err on the side of caution and are afraid to take any kind of risk.

We have a close friend, my wife's best friend for the passt two decades, who is dying right now from lung cancer. She was very health conscious all of her life, never smoke, never drank more than a glass or two of wine with her meals, exercised every day and was in great shape. In spite of that she came down with lung cancer, and though she fought it bravely for three years, is now with hospice and will probably not live more than a month or so.

Last time I spoke to her she said to me, "if I had known this was going to happen to me I would have drank a lot more wine in my life."

Using wine only as a metaphor, I hope that is not something I have to say when I am dying.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    Well, I think this is the basic problem. I beleive that most people are not reasonably bright, and the ones that are, are not reasonably bright 100% of the time.
    Last edited by sanking; 03-23-2009 at 02:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin