Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,655   Online: 630

Thread: Foma papers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recently stumbled across a website selling papers and films by Foma (www.retrophotographic.com). Has anyone tried any of the Foma products? I am specifically interested in the Fomatone MG FB paper and how it would compare to say Ilford MGFB warm tone.

TIA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Havn't used them yet, but arn't they sold by one of our sponsors (J&C)?
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Leon, I an ilford MG FB user, and recently tried the chamois paper through J and C. It's a great paper! much more meat to it, it acts like it is made for one of my ways of lighting so I'm really excited. If you find another source let us know please. J and C is very unreliable.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thomas - the UK supplier is www.retrophotographic.com - not sure if they'll do international shipping etc, and I havent ordered any yet so dont know how reliable they are.

Images
    Leon,
    I'm mostly using Foma papers because they're the cheapest here. I used Fomatone MG classic (FB), warm tone Chamois (542). I think it is very beautiful, at least according to my limited experience. It looks and feels much better than RC papers (I use Foma normal (grade 2), Foma VC, and Ilford MG). Even non-photographers who know nothing about papers noticed the difference.

However, I don't have any experience with any other brand FB papers so I can't tell if and how much better they are.

Regards,
    Kate

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Leon

I've used Foma paper for long time. Today I use mainly fomabrome papers, developed with their powder developer fomatol M. You can find more info in english on www.foma.cz.

I think fomabrom gray scale is realy rich and they satisfide my needs. And as you said, their a lot cheaper compare to Ilford. On the other hand I don't like their fomaspeed RC papers and I've never tried their variable contrast papers

Juro

Bratislava, Slovakia

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin